Posted by HELP!!!! on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:19pm.
A discus thrower (with arm length of 1.2 m) starts from rest and begins to rotate counterclockwise with an angular acceleration of 3.0 rad/s2.
(a) How long does it take the discus thrower's speed to get to 4.5 rad/s?
(b) How many revolutions does the thrower make to reach the speed of 4.5 rad/s?
(c) What is the linear speed of the discus at 4.5 rad/s?
(d) What is the tangential acceleration of the discus thrower at this point?
(e) What is the magnitude of the centripetal acceleration of the discus thrown?
(f) What is the magnitude of the discus's total acceleration?
- physics - bobpursley, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:22pm
I will be happy to critique your thinking on this.
- physics - HELP!!!!, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:37pm
a) 4.5/3= 1.5 s
b) i'm still confused of how to get the number of revolutions
c) a=v^2/r the answer is 5.4 m/s
d) at=r alpha but we need to find alpha first to get at
- physics - bobpursley, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:41pm
b, displacement= 1/2 angacceleration*time^2
c. Your answer is nonsense. Tangential velocty = angularvelocity*r
d.total acceleartion: find centripetal acceleration (v^2/r) That is inward. No tangentail acceleration is 3*r
those are at ninety degrees, add them as vectors (Pythagorean theorem_
- physics - HELP!!!!, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:57pm
i just want to find the number of revolutions , i know that 2 pi rad= 1 rev but how do we find that in this question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A discus thrower (with arm length of 1.2 m) starts from rest and ...
- Physics - A discus thrower (with arm length of 1.2 m) starts from rest and ...
- Physics - If a discus thrower rotates through the last 45 degrees of a turn in ....
- physics - If a discus thrower rotates through the last 45 degrees of a turn in ....
- physics - An athlete spins in a circle before releasing a discus with a ...
- physics - A horizontal force of 210 N is exerted on a 2.0 kg discus as it ...
- Physics - The athlete shown in the figure rotates a 1.00 kg discus along a ...
- Biomechanics - A hammer thrower is trying a new throw by adjusting the arm ...
- Physics - A dentist causes the bit of a high-speed drill to accelerate from an ...
- Physics- Mechanics - Before throwing a 0.821 kg discus, an athlete rotates it ...