Posted by Lace on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 1:29pm.
I have to write a basic paragraph describing myself for Spanish class. I have translated it several times on several different sites, but I'm still not sure if it is correct. Something seems wrong.. I would greatly appreciate any corrections.
My name is Lace and I am from Arizona in the United States. I am very outgoing and nice. I am patient. I like to swim and paint. I do not like music or playing sports. I do not like to dance.
Me llamo Lace y yo soy de Arizona en Estados Unidos. Soy muy atrevido y agradable. Soy también paciente. Me gusta nadar y pintura. No me gusta deportes o música. Tampoco me gusta bailar.
Also, I have to read a passage in Spanish and record it on a CD to turn in. Is there a website that I could type the passage in and listen to audio to make sure I'm pronouncing words correctly? I have tried search engines with no luck.
- Spanish - MattsRiceBowl, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 2:49pm
A translation page won't help you. Don't think in English first. That is a big mistake.
Write what you think is correct in Spanish then go from there.
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 3:45pm
en los Estados Unidos
If yu are feminine, all the adjectives referring to you must be feminine too: atrevida
Me gusta nadar y pintar (parallel construction means both infinitives)
Ne me gustan deportes ni música. Sports are NOT (plural) pleasing to me, nor music.
Here are the Spanish audio sites:
You should do fine if you remember to have the vowels clear.
a = ah (like at the dentist)
e = a (like the first letter of the alphabet)
i = e (like the 5th letter of the American alphabet)
o = oh (clear o)
u = oo (rhymes with too, boo)
If you are reading what you wrote, be sure the 2 words with accent marks have the stress on the 3rd syllable from the end.
llamo is like yah-moe
z = s or th in Spain (Arizona)
Good luck and after you have made one tape study any corrections carefully so the next one is better!
- Spanish - Lace, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 5:00pm
Oh, wow, very informative. I had no idea about that if you are feminine the adjectives should be as well. That site is exactly what I needed.
Thank you for your time and effort, I really appreciate it. Have a good day! :]
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - I have to translate several words into Spanish, but I have to write ...
- Spanish - I need to do a report on the Spanish Civil War, and I need to provide ...
- spanish - Which African country has Spanish as an official language? I don't ...
- Basic Spanish - My grandson need tutoring in basic Spanish to improve translate...
- Spanish-one word - Can someone please tell me where I can find how to say "are" ...
- GEN 105 - · Conduct online research regarding the strongest of your multiple ...
- English - Can anyone help me identify rhetoric, bias, and argumentation in the ...
- Spanish - For my Spanish class I need to memorize a poem in Spanish that uses ...
- Spanish - I have to do a Spanish News report and weather report. I have No idea ...
- Spanish - Write 2 short paragraphs describing famous people from the Spanish ...