Posted by AD on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 8:58pm.
One chicken lays an egg every 2 days, another every 3 days and a third chicken lays an egg every 5 days. They all lay an egg today. How many days in the next 101 days will EXACTLY 2 chickens be laying an egg?
- arithmetic - Writeacher, Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 10:00pm
It sounds as if you need to find a good calendar with big blocks and three pens of different colors.
- arithmetic - Bethany, Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:34pm
First, you have to find the least common multiple of the number of days between eggs (2,3,4) to get 30. Then, you make a list of numbers 1-30:
Answer this Question
- math - Jim has two hens. Betty the hen lays an egg every 3 days and Ellie the ...
- Mathematics - George vacuums the rugs every 21 days, mows the grass every 12 ...
- math - George vacuums the rugs every 18 days, mows the grass every 9 days, and ...
- math - john calls his dad every 3 days. Katie calls every 4 days. Jamie calls ...
- math - Anita does laundry every other day. Every five days she changes sheets. ...
- physical science - I was doing an egg experiment that I found on line where you ...
- Math - Each female of a certain species of fish lays 100 eggs each fall and then...
- algrbra - If a hen and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how ...
- Algebra - If a hen and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how ...
- math - If evies chicken lays 4 eggs in 5 days how many days will it take for ...