Posted by Destiny on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 8:31pm.
Blockbust video collected data to figure out how many movies they were renting per month. After 5 months, the store wanted to analyze their data to find diffrent statistical measures.
Month Movies Rented
Question: which statistical measure would you use if an outlier is present (mean, median, mode, range)? Explain.
math - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 8:35pm
I would use median.
math - Destiny, Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 9:37pm
explain why you would use median.
math - Destiny, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 7:45pm
The corect answer would be median.
The reason is simple. With an outlier present mean, mode, and range's outcome would all be effected were as to the middle number (median) would not be effected at all.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Last Saturday Michaela rented 4 movies from the video store. This ...
- math - i don't know get this question 1. last saturday emily rented 4 movies ...
- Math - Irma rents movies online each month it costs her a fee of $4.99 per month...
- Algebra - One month Ivanna rented 5 movies and 3 video games for a total of $29...
- Algebra 2 - Janine is considering two movie rental plans. Plan A can be modeled ...
- algebra - A video store charges a monthly fee of 7.50, but the charge to rent ...
- statistic - cientists are studying the population of a particular type to fish. ...
- math - A video game store charges a monthly membership fee of $7.50 but the ...
- Economics - Multiple Choice: If the price of movies on video rises while the ...
- math - A fifth grade class collected data about class spending per month on ...