Posted by Sonia on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 7:55pm.
I am having trouble figuring out this question:
Part 1: A long staight wire carries a current due East. This wire creates, at point #1, a magnetic field that is derected at 40 deg below due South. From point #1, the wire is located:
50 deg below due North
50 deg below due South
40 deg above due North
40 deg above due South
50 deg above due West
50 deg above due East
40 deg below due West
40 deg below due East
none of these choices
Part 2: Refer to the previous problem. An electron at point #1 is instantaneously traveling due North. Due only to the wire, the electron at #1 instantaneously accelerates:
50 deg N or West
50 deg S of East
none of the above
I think for part 1 it's 40 deg due South and for part 2 is west, but I'm just guessing. Please help me!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - I am having trouble figuring out this question: Part 1: A long staight...
- Phys 2 - I am having trouble figuring out this question: Part 1: A long staight ...
- Physics - Help please A wire carries a current of 5.2 A from east to west ...
- Physics 2 - A 60 cm long wire is oriented from east to west directly above the ...
- Calculus PLEASE HELP! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - A long, straight wire of length 2L...
- science - You are standing 20 cm directly away from from the mid-point of a long...
- Physics - Help me with this please A 6.0 m section of wire carries a current of ...
- math (desperate help, please. - A long, straight wire of length 2L on the y-...
- physics - A long, straight wire lies on a horizontal table and carries a current...
- College physics - The magnetic field at the center of a 0.70-cm-diameter loop is...