Posted by Dhanalakshmi on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 8:58am.
In Geometric progression the sum of first of three terms is 28 and the product is 512 find those numbers
math - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 9:18am
a^3 * r^3=512
one the second equation, take the cube root of each side.
but a= 8/r
r=20+- sqrt(144) /16 = (20+-12)/16=2 or 1/2
then a= 4 or 16
check a=4, r=2
4 + 8 + 16=28
a^3 r^3=64*8=512 checks, a=4, r=2
check a=8, r=1/2
8 +4 + 2 does not check.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - There are two positive numbers that can be inserted between 3 and 9 such ...
- Math (Geometric Progression) - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic ...
- mathematics :geometric progression - The first three terms of a geometric ...
- math C2 sequences and series - The eight,fourth and second terms of an ...
- Math - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic progression. The 1st, 2nd ...
- plz sequence sir steve reiny bob damon i need u - The three real,distint and non...
- math - 1)Find the sum of the first eight terms of the Geometric progression 256,...
- Algebra 2 - In an infinite geometric progression with positive terms and with a ...
- math - The sum of the 3 terms in arithmetic sequence is 39.if these numbers is ...
- Math - Three numbers form a geometric progression. If 4 is subtracted from the ...