Posted by BB on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 4:09pm.
I need help with a few questions. Could you let me know if I'm going in the right direction.
1- CHAMPVA would be considered a primary payer for a patient who has ______ coverage.
2- You should record payments that are received from insurance companies on the
A- confidential patient information record
B- medical treatment record
C- routing slip
D- ledger card
3- When should you submit a claim to a secondary insurance company?
A- When a primary insurance company returns a claim for correction
B- When the patient authorizes you to do so
C- At the same time you submit the claim to the primary carrier
D- After you receive payment from the primary insurance company
4- When you're completing a CMS-1500 form for a fee-for-service insurance company, you should omit the patient's telephone number because
A- a patient's phone number is confidential information
B- the insurance company will already have the patient's number
C- the insurance company shouldn't contact the patient directly by phone
D- the phone number creates problems for scanners
5- Moat of the laws that govern Medicaid coverage are set by
A- the CMS
C- state governments
D- the federal government
6- CHAMPUS was created to provide insurance coverage primarily for
A- men & women on active duty in the armed forces
B- spouses & children of men & women on active duty
C- disabled veterans
D- retired veterans
7- In block #8 of the CMS-1500 form, the box labeled "full-time student" & "part-time student" is used for
A- patients who are dependent children of the subscriber
B- patients under the age of 18
C- patients who are at the age of majority but are still covered by their parents' insurance
D- patients who are dependent children with their own insurance coverage
8- What form should be attached to a CMS-1500 form submitted to a secondary insurance company
A- a copy of the CMS-1500 sent to the primary insurance company
B- an explanation of benefits
C- a copy of the patient's medical treatment card
D- a copy of the patient's ledger card
9- To provide nonemergency treatment to a CHAMPUS patient, the sponsor must obtain preauthorization if the
A- patient is new to the office
B- sponsor is within a 40-mile radius of a CHAMPUS treatment facility
C- patient has secondary insurance coverage
D- sponsor is treating the patient for an injury caused by an automobile accident
10- According to medical & dental associates' procedures, who should receive the bill for the portion of Ritchey's fee that's not covered by insurance?
A- ritchey bacon
B- melanie beeker
C- cheryl bacon
D- charles bacon
11- When you receive the medicaid payment for philip woods, which of the following actions should you take regarding the remainder of the bill?
A- send no more claims-you must accept what medicaid provides
B- send a bill for the remainder to the patient, philip woods
C- submit a second claim to medicare
D- submit a claim to the referring doctor, dr. lukosie
12- On the ADA for keith konklin, the number 333-2589 should be placed in block?
13- Which of the following codes should include an indication of tooth 14 on the ADA?
14- Which of the following types of insurance form should you complete for terence james?
A- an ADA form
B- a CMS-1500 form
C- a form provided by the patient
D- a medicaid dental form
15- How many separate items should you list in block #31?
16- For blocks #24-#30, which one should be marked "yes" for bill williams?
A- block #24
B- block #25
C- block #27
D- block #28
- Insurance Forms - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 6:12pm
Here are some links on insurance forms to try:
- Insurance Forms - mia, Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 10:39pm
CHECKING MY ANSWERS ANY HELP CHECKING THEM PLEASE
- Insurance Forms - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 7:07pm
- Insurance Forms - Anonymous, Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 8:50pm
Three quarters of your answers are wrong.I guess you are not reading the book
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- True or False health insurance - please check my answer True or False CHAMPVA ...
- health insurance - The Patient received preventive medicine services. The ...
- History of Health Care Reimbursement System - I included the answers below but ...
- History of Health Care Reimbursement System - I included the answers below but i...
- Health insurance - the patient received preventive medicine services. the ...
- reimbursement methodologies - I read over my answers and re-done them, could ...
- reimbursement methodologies - Could someone please check my answers for me.....
- Reimbursement Methodologies - Could someone please check my answers for me.....
- medical insurance forms - please check my answer thanks When should you submit a...
- Health insurance - please check my answer thanks If both nondivorced of a ...