Posted by Sara on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:11pm.
In what ways did the Conferences reflect Victorian social values and beliefs? In ur answer, consider the roles that women and Native people were allowed to play in the negotiations.
The women were a force that helped to build a sense of communal solidarity amoing participants that were divided be language, region, and political beliefs. Native peoples were absent from both conferences.
This is the only information I could pick out.
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:32pm
Did many women attend these conferences? Did they help with negotiations?
- Socials - Sara, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:37pm
Yes they did. Although the delegates to the Charlottetown and Quebec conferences were men, they were accompanied by their families. Unofficial activities included banquets and parties. It doesnt say anything about them playing a role in the negotiations, the natives were absent from the conferences..
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:39pm
I haven't read anything about these conferences, but your question implies that women didn't have much influence on the conferences. They socialized (as women were supposed to do), but they didn't participate in the business of the conferences.
- Socials - Sara, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:42pm
Then how does that work out on the first question? It says nothing about the values and beliefs. So they werent allowed to play a role, by socializing, they spread their words right?
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 11:06pm
The Victorians believed that women should be social but not involved in government. But Canadian women didn't get the right to vote in national elections until 1918.
That's an interesting paradox because the Victorian era was named for Queen Victoria.
- Socials - dwurryy, Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 10:39pm
UHHHH ITS IN THE TEXTBOOK????
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- socials - in what ways did the conferences reflect Victorian value and beliefs? ...
- socials - describe roles of women and men in 1950's, give reasons why these men ...
- Socials - What do these words mean: country wife, sagamite, margin, ...
- English - Can you check the word choice in the following sentences? Thank you. 1...
- Social Studies (Ms. Sue) - How did women's roles expand near the turn of the ...
- English - Thank you very much. So the sentence should be: 1) Briefly outline the...
- Socials - Women in the French Revolution: Discuss the importance of the ...
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Outline the results of fur trade from the points of view of ...
- math - from a group of women and 4 men, determine in how many ways a committee ...
- social studies - what roles did women play in medieval times?