Posted by Bailey on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:34pm.
what is the complete subject and complete predicate to :
These crustaceans wait for feeding time at high tide.
Complete subjects and predicates - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:45pm
The complete subject is the words that come before the verb. The complete predicate begins with the verb and continues to the end of the sentence.
Do you see what they are?
Complete subjects and predicates - Bailey, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:52pm
Ms. Sue, would crustaceans be the Complete Sub and the rest of the sentence be the complete predicate?
If a sentence has the verb are, can that be a complete predicate as well?
Complete subjects and predicates - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:28pm
Simple subject: crustaceans
Complete subject: These crustaceans
Simple predicate: wait
Complete predicate: wait for feeding time at high tide.
The verb "are" is never the complete predicate. It's used as a helping verb with another verb or it's used to connect the subject with the predicate nominative or predicate adjective.
Complete subjects and predicates - Tasha, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:14pm
These past three days have been quiet and enjoyable. What is the subject
Complete subjects and predicates - michele, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 5:25pm
A young boy asks for help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Complete predicates and subjects - Complete subjects and predicates - Bailey, ...
- Complete subjects and predicates - Underline the complete subject with one line ...
- English - Identify the CAPITALIZED portion of the sentences below. 18. MY FRIEND...
- Need help, 3 questions - 19. Most readers will wait patiently for the next book ...
- 4th grade Language Arts - Find the complete subject. I put the complete subject ...
- Grammar - A simple sentence: A) Can be reversed and still mean the same thing. B...
- 5th grade - how do you know the difference between complete predicates and ...
- english - is an adverb part of the complete predicate? ie He usually cries after...
- english - Ms. SUe - My friend Mary is coming with us to the zoo. Identify the ...
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...