Posted by Mike on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:14pm.
Are these last two senteces correct
Do you have to take a make-up exam if you fail a subject in June'
Do you know what festivity is celebrated on next 16 MArch in Italy
It has been 150 since the Italian republic was founded.
- English - SraJMcGin, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:19pm
not June' but June?
not MArch but March
It has been 150 WHAT since the Italian, etc.
- English - MattsRiceBowl, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 10:21pm
1st sentence is unclear. It sounds like you mean to ask:
Do you have to take a make-up exam in June if you fail a subject?
If you fail a subject in June, do you have to take a make-up exam?
Putting "in June" at the end confuses what happens in June. (The failing or the exam).
"Do you know what festivity is celebrated on next 16 MArch in Italy"
You forgot a question mark. It might sound less awkward if you changed it around some. "Do you know what festivity is celebrated in Italy on March 16 of (this/next) year?" "On the next March 16" might be OK, but just sounds odd to me.
"It has been 150 since the Italian republic was founded."
150...Minutes? Hours? Days? Years? Decades? Centuries? :-)
I would also capitalize the r in republic.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - Use the following dates to compute the ALOS and median LOS and ...
- Engish - I'm finding it difficult to write the instructions for a strawberry ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. 1) Express the following ...
- English - 1. Cheer up, guys. (What other expressions can we use instead of 'guys...
- english HELP ASAP - the directions say : For each sentence, find the infinitive ...
- HOMEWORk check english - 1. Jordan was studying for his criminal justice exam, ...
- Homework check english - 1. Jordan was studying for his criminal justice exam, ...
- HSPA - In my school, I have to pass the HSPA in order to graduate. We had to ...
- hw check eng - 1. Jordan was studying for his criminal justice exam, and his ...
- English - Tomorrow we have several events. I'd like you to know the schedule of ...