Posted by Kelly on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 6:38pm.
Finding all Solutions for
Trig - bobpursley, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 6:40pm
Is this cosx=1/2sqrt3 ?
Trig - Kelly, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 6:42pm
no it's 2cosx-sqrt3=0
Trig - Reiny, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 6:44pm
I will read it as
2cosx - √3 = 0
cosx = √3/2
x = 30° , from the standard 30-60-90 triangle
or x = 330°
"all solutions " would be
x = 30 + k(360) or x = 330+k(360)° where k is an integer.
Trig - Kelly, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 7:06pm
How do you find the solutions?
Trig - Reiny, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 7:34pm
since the standard cosine curve has a period of 360°, any answer you have will repeat itself in the next curve or 360° either to the right or to the left.
by multiplying 360 by k, k and integer, I am simply adding/or subtracting multiples of 360 to any answer.
to get my original 30°, as I said, I recognized the rations of the 30-60-90 right-angled triangle, which are 1:√3:2.
Secondly , since the cosine is positive in the 1st and 4th quadrant, the 30° will be the 1st quadrant solution and 360-30 or 330° would be the 4th quadrant solution.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig - how can i find all the exact solutions to the equation : 2cos^2x + 3sinx...
- trig - Find all solutions to the equation 2cos(2x) = x + 1, correct to 4 ...
- math 108 trig - 1.Solve, finding all solutions in [0, 2π). cosx sin2x + ...
- trigonometry - Find all solutions on the interval [0.2pi) A) -3sin(t)=15cos(t)...
- Trig - 2cos^2Beta-Cosbeta=0 (find all solutions for the equation in the interval...
- trig plz help - Solve, finding all solutions in the interval [0, 2π). tan(...
- trig - Find the solutions to the equation cos2x=sinx and 2cos^2x-3cosx-3=0
- trig - find the general solutions to the equations: 1) sec x = -2 2) 2 sin^2 x...
- trig - findall exact solutions ( in terms of radians) to the equation 2cos(40)-...
- trig - The average depth of water at the end of a dock is 6 ft. This varies 2 ft...