Posted by alejandro on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 4:50pm.
how do i solve systems?
example- y=x-2 y=4x+1
pre algebra - Reiny, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:25pm
set y = y
4x + 1 = x - 2
you finish it.
pre algebra - Jessica, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:26pm
Multiple the first equation by -1:
Add it from the second one to get:
y=4x+1 +(-y=x+2)= 0=3x+3
Subtract 3 from both sides:
Divide by 3
Plug it in for one equation:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre algebra - How do I solve Quadratic equations by factoring? (for example how ...
- pre - CALCULUS - Solve the system by the method of your choice. Identify systems...
- Pre Algebra - Can someone give me an example on how to solve a proportion. 6 e...
- pre-algebra - I am actually in 6th grade but I really want to learn more about ...
- Pre-Algebra - How do you solve this Pre-Algebra problem: $1.25x + $2.25y = $916 ...
- math - Please does anyone have ANSWERS for the UNIT 7 LESSON 8 SYSTEMS OF ...
- Biology of Environment - Complex systems have multiple sub systems, what would ...
- algebra - How do I do substitution equations out of the equations in the system...
- Math - Could someone give me an example of a linear eqution using elimination to...
- pre-algebra - it says use equivalent ratio's to solve the proportion!!! ok is ...