Posted by Dan on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 4:03pm.
How do you find the circumference of a circle?
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 4:35pm
Circumference = pi times radius squared.
C = pi * r^2
- math - Bosnian, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:01pm
Answer of Ms.Sue is wrong.
The circumference is the distance around a closed curve. Circumference is a special perimeter.
The circumference of a circle is the length around it. The circumference of a circle can be calculated using the formulas:
Wher d is diameter
Wher r is radius
- math - Bosnian, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:07pm
You can check that.
In google type: Circumference
When you see list of results click on :
Circumference-Wikipedia,the free encyclopedia
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:14pm
Ooops! I goofed again! I guess I'd better screw my head on tighter.
Of course, Bosnian is right.
C = pi * diameter
I gave the formula for the area.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - Find the circumference for the circle ( use 3.14 for pi ). Round to the ...
- math - I'm asked to find the circumference of a circle to the nearest tenth and ...
- MATH HOMEWORK - Find the circle circumference and circle area with a circles ...
- math - how do you find the diameter of a circle if you don't have the radius? ...
- Precalculus - A line segment has endpoints A=(1,3) and B=(13,19). a) Find the ...
- Math ~ Check Answers ~ - Find the circumference of the circle (use 3.14 for pi...
- Math - Jason drew two circles. the diameter of the larger circle is twice the ...
- Math - The circumference of a circle is 4 times the circumference of a circle ...
- math - my math homework tells me to find the area of a circle using it's ...
- Math - A circle has the circumference 28.26cm. What is the area of the circle? ...