Posted by Anonymous on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 3:24pm.
Can you please tell me if these are correct?
1. Sodium Hydrogen Sulfite reacts with hydrochloric acid to produce sulfur dioxide gas, water and sodium chloride
NaHSO3 + HCl -----> SO2 + H2O + NaCl
2. Sodium nitrate reacts with hydrochloric acid to produce nitrogen monoxide gas, water sodium chloride, and sodium nitrate
NaNO3 + HCl -----> N2O + H2O + NaCl + NaNO3
3. Nitro monoxide gas from the above reaction reacts with oxygen gas in the air to produce nitrogen dioxide gas.
N2O + O2 -----> NO2
4. Sodium hydrogen carbonate reacts with hydrochloric acid to produce carbon dioxide gas, water and sodium chloride
NaHCO3 + HCl -----> CO2 + H2O + NaCl
5. Hydrogen peroxide reacts with the permanganate ion and hydrogen iron to produce oxygen gas, manganese (II)ion, and water
H2O2 + MnO4- + Fe ------> O2 + Mn + Fe(II) + H2O
6. Chlorine gas, water and sodium chloride are produced when hydrochloric acid is added to sodium hydrochloride, NAOCl
HCl + NaOCl -----> Cl2(g) + NaCl
7. Sodium hydroxide reacts with ammonium chloride to produce ammonia gas, water and sodium chloride.
NaOH + NH4Cl ------> NH3 + H2O + NaCl
- Chemistry Balancing Equations - Anonymous, Monday, April 4, 2011 at 10:03pm
6 is wrong.
- Chemistry Balancing Equations - Anonymous, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 10:06am
- Chemistry Balancing Equations - Doing The Same One, Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 12:42am
2 is wrong
Answer this Question
- Are my answers correct? Chem - I really need help with balancing these equations...
- Chemistry Balancing Equations - I really need help with balancing these ...
- Chemistry - 1. Hydrogen gas combines with oxygen gas to yield water. if 15 g O2 ...
- chem - Alka-Seltzer contains the base sodium hydrogen carbonate, NaHCO3...
- Chemistry - They are all balanced ok, the main difficulty that I have is the ...
- chemistry - What is the balanced equation for sodium bicarbonate + sulfuric acid...
- chemistry - sodium carbonate and hydrochloric acid react to give sodium chloride...
- Chemistry - So, they give me a word equation, where I am suppose to try and ...
- science - Will you please check a few more? Physical change, chemical change or ...
- chemistry - write a net ionic equation for the following: 1)Iron (III) chloride ...