Posted by tammy l on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 5:29pm.
You have just graduated from college and landed your first big job. You have always dreamed of being a homeowner, and after carefully shopping for your dream home, you find one that you would like to purchase at a cost of $250,000. After researching banks to find the best interest rate, you find that Banks for Homeowners offers the best rate of 6% interest that compounds monthly for 30 years.
•What is the monthly payment for this loan?
•What is the unpaid balance of the loan at the end of 5 years?
•What is the unpaid balance at the end of the 10th year?
math - naseer, Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 12:16pm
math - Henry, Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 3:05pm
Pt = (Po*r*t) / (1 - (1 + r)^-t).
Pt = Loan amount after 30 years.
Po = Amount of loan = $250,000.
r = (6% / 12) / 100 = 0.005 = Int. rate
per month expressed as a decimal.
t=lenth of loan = 30 yrs. = 360 months.
Pt = 450000 / (1-0.16604) = $539,595.47
= Amount of loan after 30 yrs.
539595.47 / 360mo = $1498.88 = monthly
The process of calculating the balance
before the maturity date is called Amortizing and cannot be shown here
because of the length of the table involved.
I can share this INFO with you:
5-Yr. Bal: $232,691.84
math - Dumbazz, Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 7:28pm
Payed off 56% of a 30 year mortgage in 5years....
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - You have just graduated from college and landed your first big job. You ...
- Algebra - You have just graduated from college and landed your first big job. ...
- algebra - You have just graduated from college and landed your first big job. ...
- ALGEBRA - Part III: Mathematics of Finance You have just graduated from college ...
- math - To purchase your first home, you may be required to borrow funds from a ...
- Cover letter Help - Okay, so I'm trying to get a job at this grocery store. And ...
- English - I did some of the corrections myself (in parentheses). Could you ...
- math 140 math for professional - Assignment Part I: A system of equations can ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much for your ...
- English - Can someone help me with the intro of my essay. my teacher says I have...