Posted by tammy on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 5:01pm.
You have just received advertisements from 2 companies in your area: Greener Lawns and Lawns for Less. Greener Lawns charges an initial fee of $200, plus $50 per hour for labor costs. Lawns for Less charge an initial fee of $300, plus $25 per hour for labor costs.
1. If h represents the number of labor hours and C represents the cost, write the total cost equation for Greener Lawns.
2. If h represents the number of labor hours and C represents the cost, write the total cost equation for Lawns for Less.
3. Solve the system of equations for the total cost of lawn care using the desired technique: substitution, elimination, or graphing.
4. Document how you came to these conclusions for accuracy.
Mathematics of Finance
- math - Henry, Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:22pm
1. C = 50h + 200.
2. C = 25h + 300.
3. Eq1: C = 50h + 200.
Eq2: C = 25h + 300.
Substitute 50h + 200 for C in Eq2:
50h + 200 = 25h + 300,
50h - 25h = 300 - 200,
25h = 100,
h = 4.
Substitute 4 for h in Eq1:
C = 50*4 + 200 = 400.
4. The Substitution and Elimination
Methods are more accurate than graphing.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Break-Even Analysis and Cost Analysis: As a first-time homeowner, there ...
- math 140 - Break-Even Analysis and Cost Analysis: As a first-time homeowner, ...
- math 140 math for professional - Assignment Part I: A system of equations can ...
- Word problem solving with graph equation - Assignment Part I: A system of ...
- algebra - Preview: ... 2y=2 and y=1 are the same line. Part II: Greener Lawns C...
- math - taryn and alastair both mow lawns. Each charges a flat fee to mow a lawn...
- Math - Terry and Ed start a lawn mowing business and purchase the mowers and ...
- Algebra 1 - erry and ed start a lawn mowing business and purchase mowers and ...
- math - During the summer holidays,your brother earns extra money mowing lawns.He...
- Algebra. - Terry and Ed start a lawn mowing business and purchase mowers and ...