Posted by Vern on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 11:04pm.
Can you take a look and tell me what you thing? Thanks
Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these errors by marking each of the errors in bold, and make your correction in parentheses after the error.
Example: My cars interior is black.
This must be marked as follows: My cars (car’s) interior is black.
The 20 errors are in the following categories: comma usage (six errors); question marks, apostrophes, and quotation marks (five errors); capitalization (six errors); and colons, semi-colons, and commonly misused words (three errors).
Why are great numbers of students choosing to pursue their college degrees(‘) using their home computers.(?) Benjamin Franklin said; (,) (“)A penny saved (,) is a penny earned”. (.”) This principle applies to the American (American) and foreign online student. Todays (Today’s) students choose to take online courses to save money on transportation, books, babysitters (,) and supplies.
The fluctuating cost of gasoline in the united states (United States) is one reason online courses appeal to axia college (Axia College) students. They would rather cushion there (their) financial nest eggs than to spend money on replacing worn tires or risking icy road conditions.
Students also realize that a traditional college requires them to purchase numerous books (books.) however (However), online courses provide the majority of their course materials within the virtual classroom. A student may save hundreds of dollars on textbooks during one block of courses.
Additionally(,) online courses are convenient for parents and caregivers. College students who are responsible for children or aging parents must rely on outside help. An online student is able to avoid the high costs of hiring people to take care of their loved ones.
Lastly, an online student does not have to purchase supplies. Pencils, pens, paper, erasers, backpacks staplers (backpacks, staplers), and paper clips are all needed in traditional courses. The online student needs only one tool to complete their college degree; (,) a home computer. A computer is an online students conduit to class and to all the materials he or she needs.
Franklin D. Roosevelt (Roosevelt) exclaimed that, “Happiness (Happiness) is not the mere possession of money.” He wanted Americans to understand that the joy of achievement is the path to happiness. Yet, even President Roosevelt would agree that earning an online college degree is a financially wise decision.
- COM/155 - Writeacher, Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 7:42am
~ saved (,)
~ college degree; (,) [I think they want you to change the semicolon to a colon.]
~ American (American)
~ Roosevelt (Roosevelt)
~ Happiness (Happiness)
~ numerous books (books.) however (However), [I think they want you to put a semicolon after "books" and keep the lower-case "h" and the comma after "however."]
~ to take care of their loved ones [There's a pronoun/antecedent problem here.]
~ to complete their college [Pronoun/antecedent problem again.]
~ online students conduit to class [What do you think?]
~ Yet, even [??]
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - In paragraph 3 of Swimming Strokes by Lee Carroll, I found 3 errors in...
- English - In paragraph 4 in Swimming Strokes by Lee Carroll, I found 2 errors in...
- English - In paragraph 1 in Swimming strokes I found 2 errors in subject-verb ...
- English - In paragraph 2 of Swimming Strokes by Lee Carroll, I found 1 error in ...
- COM/155 - I believe I have found all the mistakes. What do you think? Identify ...
- com 155 - Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these ...
- communication - Identify Twenty Errors in the Passage Below Review the passage ...
- math - It is recommended that when calculating a quantity, all intermediate ...
- comp 155 - could you see if i did these sentences right? Sentence Correction and...
- COM155 - I think I found all of the errors, what do you think? Identify those ...