Posted by Allison on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 9:19pm.
Find a Cartesian equation relating and corresponding to the parametric equations: x=2sin(3t), y=9cos(3t).
Write your answer in the form P(x,y)=0, where P(x,y) is a polynomial in x and y, such that the coefficient of y^2 is 4.
b)Find the equation of the tangent line to the curve at the point corresponding to t=pi/9
- Calculus - MathMate, Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 9:38pm
square each equation
divide by coefficient of RHS and add:
Multiply by 4*81 to have common denominator of 1
To find tangent, calculate dy/dx=y'(x,y) using implicit differentiation.
dy/dx at t0=pi/9:
evaluate m=y'(2sin(3t0), 9cos(3t0))
Equation of tangent line:
L : (y-9cos(3t0))=m(x-2sin(3t0))
Answer this Question
- calculus - (a) Modifying the parametric equations of a unit circle, find ...
- Math - Vector Geometry - what is the cartesian equation of the parametric ...
- Precalc - An ellipse has this Cartesian equation: ((x-2)/5)^2 + ((y-4)/3)^2 = 1 ...
- Pre-Calculus - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line with the ...
- Pre-calculus; urgent ! Please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta...
- Pre-Calculus - Find the rectangular equation of the curve whose parametric ...
- Calculus please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta) 2. Find the ...
- vectors - 3 planes; $: x+2y-2z-6=0 %: 2x-y+z+8=0 £: 2x-y+2z+3=0 (a)(i)Find the ...
- Vectors - 3 planes; $: x+2y-2z-6=0 %: 2x-y+z+8=0 £: 2x-y+2z+3=0 (a)(i)Find the ...
- PreCAL - Write an equation in slope–intercept form of the line with the given ...