Posted by arty on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 2:59pm.
what are the steps to solve for x
calculus - Damon, Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:04pm
2 x^2 - 1/x^2 = 0 ???
2 x^4 = 1
x^4 = 1/2
x^2 = (1/2)^.5 or -(1/2)^.5
x = (1/2)^.25 or -(1/2)^.25 or i(1/2)^.25 or -i(1/2)^.25
calculus - arty, Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:12pm
thank you.i am trying to sove for critical numbers. the book is giving me an answer of
x=+square root 2/2
calculus - bobpursley, Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:56pm
I am wondering if the problem then is this:
x= +- sqrt (1/2)
but of course, multiplying that by sqrt(2/2) one gets
x= +- sqrt (2/4)= +- .5 sqrt 2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - 20. A certain computer can perform 105 calculations per second. How many ...
- Calculus - Follow the steps below for the given function. (Do not use mixed ...
- calculus - I am suposed to apply L'Hospitals rule to solve. I can't seem to ...
- Math - What steps do I take in order to solve : (101-100) = .512 times (x/.5) ...
- Math (calculus) - If y = 2x^3 - 4x and dx/dt = 4, find dy/dt when x = 1. Please ...
- calculus - can someone explain to me the steps to solve this problem? find the ...
- calculus - Implicit Differentiation question x^y = y^x I was wondering if I was ...
- Pre-Calculus - What makes a mathematical induction true? I know how to solve ...
- math calculus - Hi could someone please explain to me how i would use the chain ...
- Calculus - For the function f(x) = x/(3x+1) find the equation of the line which ...