What is your specific question?
Keep in mind that Jiskha ...
... has no affiliation with any particular school or other institution, and
... doesn't do students' assignments for them, and
... doesn't have exam questions or answers to give away.
well i do have some questions with ANSWERS, but am not really sure of the answers ...
1. Since the 1970', American poetry has?
A. been characterized by diverse voices and styles
B. become increasingly narrow in subject matter
C. reflected a more elitist perspective
D. been appreciated for its simplicity and earnestness
2. A main theme of "A Noiseless Flash" is that
A. chance alone determined who survived the attack
B. many individuals anticipated the nuclear holocaust
C. people respond methodically in emergencies
D. all people suffer equally in war
3. A characteristic of subjective reporting is—
A) collection of newspaper reports about an event
B) the open expression of personal attitudes
C) a comprehensive analysis of statistics
D) interviews with witnesses to an event
4. All of the following are examples of objective reporting EXCEPT
A. historical data
B. direct quotations
C. various statistics
D. fictional characters
5. What does Father Kleinsorge do immediately after he hears the air raid siren in "A Noiseless Flash"?
A. He begins to read Mass
B.He changes into a military uniform
C.He stretches out on his cot
D.He wanders around the garden
6. In "A Noiseless Flash" Hersey states that Japanese radar operators thought there would be no attack on the morning of August 6, 1945, because A.the American bombers had been seen going in another direction
B. the bombers usually attacked at night
C. they spotted only three planes
D.the war had supposedly ended
• 7. What is Reverend Mr. Tanimoto’s attitude toward the United States?
• A) He hates the United States, but likes Americans.
• B) He hopes the United States wins the war.
• C) He has many American friends, but is loyal to Japan.
• D) He has many American friends and hopes to move to the United States after the war.
• 8. You can infer from Reverend Mr. Tanimoto’s feelings before the bomb exploded that—
• A) the Japanese were completely surprised by the bomb
• B) few Japanese were concerned about the war or directly affected by it
• C) the Japanese were secure in their military superiority
• D many Japanese worried about retaliatory attacks from the Allies
• 9. When the atomic bomb exploded, almost everyone in Hiroshima—
• A) saw a flash of yellow light
• B) heard thunder louder than when the B-29s hit Iwakuni
• C) saw a flash whiter than anything they had ever seen
• D) was unable to hear the sound of the explosion
• 10. After the bomb is dropped,—
• A) medical help is swift
• B) soldiers quell the panic
• C) the city explodes in flames
• D) the sky darkens
• 11. What is one point Hersey emphasizes in his description of the actions of the survivors immediately before the atomic bomb exploded?
A) All of the survivors had a plan to survive the explosion.
B) None of the survivors expected Hiroshima to be bombed.
C) All of the survivors were in the immediate area of the explosion.
D) None of the survivors was facing the direction of the explosion.
12. Hersey gives many details about the survivors’ actions before the bomb dropped to—
A) show how minor items or actions determined their fates
B) show how the bomb affected people from all walks of life
C) help readers empathize with the survivors
D) provide well-rounded characterization
13. Why does Hersey tell readers that when Mr. Tanimoto left the ruins of the rayon man’s estate he “noticed . . . that the concrete wall . . . had fallen over—toward the house rather than away from it”?
A) The concrete wall protected the estate, and Mr. Tanimoto, from some of the effects of the explosion.
B) Since the wall fell away from the house, it meant that the house had been hit directly by the bomb.
C) The construction materials used for the estate were so weak that the house collapsed easily.
D) Mr. Tanimoto is so affected by the explosion that he notices every minor detail of his surroundings.
ANSWERS: 1.A 2.A 3.B 4.D 5.B 6.C 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.D 11.A 12.A or B 13.D
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU PROVIDE ...
Do your own work. Acutally read the assignments and you'll do fine.
Answer this Question
BOOKS.. english - Explain how John Hersey blended characteristics of fiction and...
English/Literature - "A Noiseless Flash" by John Hersey? List one fiction ...
english - "A Noiseless Flash" by John Hersey? List one fiction technique and one...
Literature - In John Hersey's "A Noiseless Flash," what are some fiction and ...
English - In John Hersey's "A Noiseless Flash," what are some fiction and ...
Literature - i have to write an evaluative essay on a work of literature. i have...
NYS ELA Online Practice Exam - PLEASE read! - Today is my NYS ELA Exam Book 1: ...
English: Children's Literature - I have to write an 8 page essay about Picture ...
English Literature - I need help with "THe Noisless Flash" from herishoma ...
ENGLISH/MATH/SCIENCE HELP! - Is there any websites for teens to read short ...