And YOUR aqnswers are? We do not DO the work for you, but HELP by showing you where to look. For reference, you might just like this Medical Dictionary:
1. Dr. Hannah places a stethoscope to a seven-year-old child’s chest. The lungs reveal basilar rales. Which method is Dr. Hannah using to perform the physical examination?
A. Auscultation C. Percussion
B. Palpation D. Visualization
2. Cardiology is the study of the heart. Which of the following terms describes the foundation upon which the medical word is built that usually relates to the body organ involved?
A. Prefix C. Root
B. Suffix D. Combining form
3. A patient visits the doctor’s office with abdominal pain of two days’ duration. Medical history is significant for tonsillectomy and hypertension. The patient denies alcohol and drug abuse. The rectal examination confirms heme-negative stool. Impression: Abdominal pain. Which of the following items represents a symptom?
A. Abdominal pain C. Heme-negative stool
B. Tonsillectomy D. Hypertension
4. Gastrectomy is listed as the principal procedure on the surgical report.You know that
(-ectomy) means excision or surgical removal. What part of the medical word does “-ectomy” represent?
A. Root C. Prefix
B. Suffix D. Combining form
5. What type of information appears in a histology report?
A. Tissue structure C. Blood type
B.Synechia D.Bone Health
6. You’re asked to change plural medical words to the singular form. Which of the following combinations represents the correct conversion?
A. Criterion, criteria C. Lumen, lumina
B. Bacteria, bacterium D. Ganglion, ganglia
7. A 15-year-old female patient has experienced daily nausea for the past two months. The patient states that she feels like “I’ve eaten something that has upset my stomach.” She denies vomiting and weight loss. The patient has noticed a weight gain of 10 lb within this two-month period. Which heading of the medical history and physical examination does this statement represent?
A. Family history C. Social history
B. Chief complaint D. Present illness
8. The patient’s glucose is 80 mg/dL (80 mg% is approximately an equivalent expression— some hospitals and other health care institutions use the former unit construction, whereas others use the latter); creatinine, 0.2 mg/dL (0.2 mg% is approximately an equivalent expression); and albumin is within normal limits. These test results represent part of a
A. blood chemistry profile. C. electrocardiogram.
B. urinalysis. D. diagnosis.
9. The lateral ports were removed. Where would these ports be located?
A. Toward the back C. Farthest from the median
B. Toward the head D. Toward the front
10. A 65-year-old patient has a murmur over the apex of the heart. What does the term apex represent?
A. Tip C. Front
B. Nearest the middle D. Back
11. The patient reports smoking three packs of cigarettes per month. She denies drug and alcohol use. This statement is an example of
A. social history. C. physical examination.
B. family history. D. chief complaint.
12. Which of the following words is spelled correctly according to your medical dictionary’s definition for the function of cells, tissues, and organs of a living organism?
A. Physiologie C. Phsyology
B. Physiology D. Physeology
13. The patient went into cardiac arrest. The (-ac) portion of the word is a/an
A. noun suffix. C. combining form.
B. plural suffix. D. adjective suffix.
14. A 16-year-old patient is having problems with a swollen gland on the left side of her neck. The physician is most likely to use _______ to determine if the gland has any atypical characteristics.
A. auscultation C. palpation
B. percussion D. visualization
15. During surgery 1 cm of subcutaneous fat is revealed. What does the prefix in the word subcutaneous mean?
A. Across C. Around
B. Under D. Within
16. The patient’s face shows pustular lesions and comedone formation. The skin’s surface is quite inflamed. Which of the following diagnoses best describes this statement?
A. Rosacea B. Sebaceous cyst C. Acne vulgaris D. Measles
17. A 45-year old woman is being treated for menopause. The physician's medication orders include Premarin. Permarin is a form of?
A. androgen B.estrogen C. progestin D. cathartic
18. Severe pruritus indicates
A. pain.. B. inflammation. C. itchiness D. bruising.
19. The patient was brought to the hospital emergency room with a stab wound to the patellar area. A needle was inserted to remove synovial fluid from the joint. What type of procedure was done?
A. Arthrocentesis B. Revision arthroplasty C. Meniscectomy D. Ostectomy
20. The patient was prescribed suppositories to be inserted rectally for nausea and vomiting. What drug administration route is being used in this scenario?
A. Gastrointestinal B. Intramuscular C. Parenteral D. Subcutaneous
21. The bx of the skin lesion was benign. What does the abbreviation bx stand for?
A. Bactroban B. Biopsy C. Basal cell carcinoma D. Burn xeroderma
22. The medication presently prescribed is Rhinocort Aqua spray. This medication is
taken through which medication route?
A. Rectal B. Inhalation C. Topical D. Intravenous
23. Apply the “ung” to the skin. Ung stands for
A. solution. B. injection. C. orally. D. ointment.
24. The young woman’s arm was covered with tiny ephelides, which are
A. birthmarks. B. freckles. C. small tumors D. cysts.
25. What does the abbreviation “AD” represent in a medical report?
A. Left ear B. Both ears C. Right ear D. Right eye
26. The patient is taking codeine, a drug that has a high potential for
A. side effects. B. toxicity. C. absorption. D. addiction.
27. A patient has lost interest in normal activities, feels sad, and has experienced a loss in appetite. The physician is most likely to prescribe a/an ______ to elevate the patient’s
A. anticonvulsant B. antidepressant C. diuretic D. emetic
28. A 30-year-old female is three months pregnant. She’s suffering from severe nausea and vomiting. The doctor prescribes a/an
A. antiemetic. B. analgesic C. gastrointestinal drug. D. anticonvulsant.
29. The patient has dermatitis. What does the suffix in this term represent?
A. Pertaining to B. Hernia C. Discoloration D. Inflammation
30. Anna has an upper respiratory tract infection. She has had a fever of 103°F for the past three days. She is taking Tylenol to help reduce her fever. What type of drug action does this medication provide?
A. Placebo B. Prophylactic C. Therapeutic D. Palliative
31. Which of the following terms indicates a slow heart beat?
A. Bradycardia B. Stenosis C. Infarct D. Murmur
32. The patient had a free-moving clot. What’s another term for this type of clot?
A. Gangrene B. Embolism C. Stenosis D. Murmur
33. The patient was brought into the emergency room with symptoms of a heart attack.
What diagnosis does heart attack indicate?
A. Myocarditis B. Myocardial infarction C. Cardiac arrest D. Ischemia
34. One type of abnormal heart sound is referred to as a/an
A. heart murmur. B. infarct. C. regurgitation. D. mitral valve prolapse.
35. A 67-year-old female has a heart valve that’s failing to close completely. Which diagnosis indicates this condition?
A. Mitral valve prolapse B. Valvular insufficiency C. Ischemia D. Heart murmur
36. History revealed that the patient previously underwent a postsurgical procedure to correct valvular stenosis. What’s the name of this procedure?
A. Echocardiogram B. Cardiac catheterization C. Heart valve D. Commissurotomy
37. Chart note: The patient complains of a fast heart rate. Which diagnosis does this statement indicate?
A. Arrhythmia B. Tachycardia C. Infarct D. Ischemia
38. Chief complaint: Pallor, numbness in the fingers. History of present illness: A 69-year-old female has temporary constriction of arterioles on the skin. Which of the following diagnoses would fit the physician’s impression?
A. Unstable angina B. Pleural effusion C. Raynaud’s phenomenon D. Congestive heart failure
39. With the patient lying in the supine position, the carotid vein was cut. What operative procedure was done?
A. Angioplasty B. Atherectomy C. Embolectomy D. Phlebotomy
40. Tissue necrosis was present due to inadequate blood supply. Which diagnosis best describes this condition?
A. Infarct B. Ischemia C. Mitral valve prolapse D. Varicose veins
41. Vital signs: BP, 140/95. BP (blood pressure) may indicate which of the following diagnoses?
A. Stenosis B. Hypertension C. Coronary artery disease D. Ischemia
42. MVP should be ruled out, which means eliminate the possibility of
A. mitral valve prolapse. B. myocardial infarction. C. myocarditis. D. heart murmur.
43. A 42-year-old black male is admitted to the hospital several times for the treatment of
PVCs. Which of the following conditions does the patient have?
A. Phlebitis B. Premature ventricular contractions C. Peripheral vascular disease D. Pericarditis
44. A radiopaque material was injected into the blood vessels. What type of procedure was performed?
A. Angioplasty B. Holter monitoring C. Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging D. Angiography
45. Which of the following terms describes a bluish discoloration of the extremities due to inadequate supply of oxygen?
A. Coarctation B. Carditis C. Acrocyanosis D. Regurgitation
46. A 42-year-old breast cancer patient’s symptoms have disappeared. What’s the term for this occurrence?
A. Cure B. Immunotherapy C. Remission D. Clinical trial
47. The chest X-ray was performed while the patient was standing with his back to the film. In what view was the X-ray taken?
A. Lateral B. Oblique C. Posteroanterior
48. Chief complaint: The patient states, “I feel like something is stuck in my windpipe.” What’s another term for windpipe?
A. Pharynx B. Trachea C. Diaphragm D. Epiglottis
49. This 52-year-old school teacher was diagnosed in 1997 with _______. This cancer type represents 90% of all malignancies.
A. mixed-tissue tumor B. sarcoma C. carcinoma D. multiple myeloma
50. Plan: Dr. Hammer has scheduled the patient for chemotherapy. The patient had a mastectomy on June 1, 2000. Chemotherapy used after surgery is referred to as
A. adjuvant chemotherapy. B. hormone therapy. C. biologic therapy. D. simulation.
51. The radiologist is able to evaluate the movement of body organs. What type of radiological procedure is being used?
A. Ultrasound B. Fluoroscopic C. Magnetic resonance imaging examination D. Film survey
52. The patient had a radiogram performed. What does the root word indicate?
A. Same B. Luminous C. Ray D. Life
53. The coding specialist had a TB skin test performed before starting a new job; this test is also known as the _______ test.
A. rhinitis B. cystic fibrosis C. Mantoux D. dysphagia
54. The patient has symptoms indicative of lung inflammation. What’s this patient’s diagnosis?
A. Pneumonia B. Asthma C. Emphysema D. Rhinitis
55. A 60-year-old patient who comes to the emergency room with shortness of breath is experiencing
A. dysphagia. B. inspiration. C. pleural effusion. D. dyspnea.
56. This patient has adenopathy of the lymph nodes. (Aden/o-) means
A. gland..B. disease. C. tumor D. cancer.
57. A patient with bronchitis is directed to take Humabid. What type of medication is being prescribed?
A. Expectorant B. Antihistamine C. Antiemetic D. Diuretic
58. A portion of the patient’s right lung was resected due to lung cancer. Which of the following procedures was performed?
A. Thoracostomy B. Tracheotomy C. Antiemetic D. Pleurectomy
59. The patient was diagnosed with hemothorax. What does the suffix in this term mean?
A. Chest B. Breath C. Nose D. Lung
60. The patient was experiencing indigestion almost every day. The physician performed an upper GI series, also known as a _______ test.
A. bronchographic B. barium C. cholangiographic enema D. barium swallow
Answer this Question
Health please check my answer - Please check my answer thank you :) Dr Hannah ...
Medical Terminology - A 16-year-old patient is having problems with a swollen ...
math - Yanira is 3 years older than Tim and twice as old as Hannah. Tim is 2 ...
math 7 accelerated - Yanira is 3 years older than Tim and twice as old as ...
Math - Hannah's teacher brought in a bucket containing 72 blocks. The blocks are...
Elem. Ed. - Please let me know if you agree with my answers to these two ...
Math - Hannah has $120. Hannah and Peter have $230. Peter has 6 times as many ...
Medical Terminology - Hello. Please,if someone can help me answer all these ...
Finance - You are currently only invested in the Natasha Fund (aside from risk-...
math - hannah morris and hannah kim are going for the top batting average in ...