Posted by Shivi on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 4:43am.
Imagine you are a working mother of 3 children who has experienced inequity in the workplace regarding pay and conditions. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper supporting the article.
Select 10 words from the spelling list:
maternity, crippling, nexus, inhibit, aggrieved, forfeit, conciliation, arbitration, commision, sector, industry, legislation, entrench, innate and predominant.
Please proofread and help repharse some parts thanks!
My name is Carole Wilson and I am in favour in suppose to the article "Sex discrimination is alive and well in a wokrplace near you" The Age 8/3/2004 Page 13 by Diane Sisley.
I'm a working mother of three who works in the private sector of the nursing industry.
Throughout my wokring life, I've had to forfeit to the innate fact of life that 'unequal pay will occur throughout all sectors and industires and women will have to suffer the crippling effects.'
Just recently I have been trying to conciliate and arbitrate with my employer for a higher commision. The result? Continuing back to my work and accepting the fact of life.
Gender inequity not only inhibits women to expand and develop confidence and skills, but also restrains men to become better parents.
All in all I'm certainly aggrieved and dissapointed by the fact that some people take little or no consideration of this nexus: gender inequality in the wokrplace.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 7:16am
Please go over your paper with the following in mind. When you have cleaned it up, then repost.
Thanks to PsyDAG for the following:
In the future, if nobody is available to proofread your work, you can do this yourself. After writing your material, put it aside for a day — at least several hours. (This breaks mental sets you might have that keep you from noticing problems.) Then read it aloud as if you were reading someone else's work. (Reading aloud slows down your reading, so you are less likely to skip over problems.)
[You can also either read it aloud to someone else or have someone else read it aloud to you! (The latter works really well!)]
If your reading goes smoothly, that is fine. However, wherever you "stumble" in your reading, other people are likely to have a problem in reading your material. Those "stumbles" indicate areas that need revising.
Once you have made your revisions, repeat the process above. Good papers often require many drafts.
And here are three really good websites that will help, too.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Imagine you are a working mother of 3 children who has experienced ...
- English - Imagine that there are many children in your locality had missing ...
- English - Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper describing the sad plight...
- English help - the date, time, and location of a robbery would most likely be ...
- English - The profile of an earthquake survivor would most likely be included ...
- English - The date, time, and location of a local robbery would most likely be ...
- Socials - Imagine that you are a factory owner in eighteenth-century britain. ...
- Eng lang - how to write a formal letter to the editor of the newspaper about ...
- English - 5) What are your overall conclusion about the article? Also give two ...
- Composition-7th Grade - For almost every news event, there are different ...