Posted by Chelsea on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 4:27pm.
y= (cos x)^x
u= cos x
du= -sin x dx
ln y = ln(cos x)^x
ln y = x ln(cos x)
(dy/dx)/(y)= ln(cos x)
(dy/dx)= y ln(cos x)
= (cos x)^x * (ln cos x)
(dx/du)= x(cos x)^(x-1) * (-sin x)
= - x sin(x)cos^(x-1)(x)
(dy/dx)-(dx/du)= [(cos^x(x))(ln(cos(x)))-(x sin(x)cos^(x-1)(x)]
(dy/du)= cos^x(x)*(ln(cos(x)))-(x tan(x))
Is this correct?
Also, I am stuck on a different problem.
du= (1/(sqrt(1-x^2))) dx
ln y = ln ?? do I put the whole original here?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - Differentiate. y= (cos x)^x u= cos x du= -sin x dx ln y = ln(cos x)^x...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- pre-cal - Simplify the given expression........? (2sin2x)(cos6x) sin 2x and cos ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- math - Determine exact value of cos(cos^-1(19 pi)). is this the cos (a+b)= cos a...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- Math - Solving Trig Equations - What am I doing wrong? Equation: sin2x = 2cos2x ...
- Precal - I do not understand how to do this problem ((sin^3 A + cos^3 A)/(sin A...