posted by Mike on .
I'm finding it dfficult to check a few more sentences. These are the last on this theme. Thank you.
1)He studied at Eton college, where misbehaved students used to be beaten.
2) On his return to London he experienced poverty
3) At the time (not "in this period") he began publishing his works.
4) He reported on the Spanish Civil War. This episode strengthened his opposition to (not against) totalitarian states, which led him to the writing of 1984.
5) If they misbehaved, they could get terrible punishments like (?) have their ears cut off, be buried alive or even killed.
6) People haven't any privacy (have no privacy?) since they are under constant control of Big Brother. They are controlled through (not by) the telescreen.
6. like = such as having