Posted by anthony on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:40pm.
An example of verbal irony is:
A. Macbeth saying, "O, yet I do repent for my fury, that I did kill them."
B. Macduff referring to Lady MacBeth as "O gentle Lady."
C. Macduff saying "O horror, horror, horror."
D. the witches saying, "fair is foul and foul is fair."
I think it's D?
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:44pm
I disagree. Verbal irony is saying words that have opposite meanings.
When someone tells you something unbelievable, and you say, "Yeah! Right!" you're exhibiting verbal irony.
English - anthony, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:46pm
so the answer is B
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:48pm
Right. MacDuff did not believe that Lady MacBeth was a gentle lady.
English - anthony, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:49pm
Okay thanks :)
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 4:50pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature- Macbeth - 1. Lady Macbeth begins to feel intense remorse and guilt ...
- English-Macbeth II - 1.An example of verbal irony is: a)Macbeth saying, "O, yet ...
- English- Macbeth III - 1.Macbeth's vision suggest he is a)susperstitious b)tired...
- English - I urgently need to know if the following questions are correct? As ...
- English (Macbeth) - Macbeth Questions 1. (Act IV, i) The witches' pageant ...
- English - An essay on the following question: How is Macbeth affected when he ...
- English Literature: Macbeth - true or false:? 1) lady macbeth goes mad and ...
- english- news report - Pls i need help with this newsreport. can you pls tell me...
- English-Macbeth (Please check) - 1. The witches told Macbeth he would first ...
- literature09998 - The Tragedy of Macbeth act 1 ___c__ 1.Lady Macbeth seems more ...