posted by Nazgul on .
Complete the sentences by putting the verb in brackets into the Past Simple or Past Progressive.
1. I saw a light in your window as I ___________________ (pass) by.
2. The student ________________ (answer) the question when the headmistress came in.
3. Five years ago my Dad ___________________ (sell) his farm and __________________ (buy) a business stock company.
4. In 1999, KazakhOil __________________ (register) a subsidiary, Zhambai joint stock company.
5. Her computer _____________________ (crash) when she ____________________ (search) the Internet.
6. The acquired data _______________________ (help) the Agip KCO international oil consortium discover the Kashagan field.
7. In the spring of 2001 the Central Asian Industrial Holding ____________________ (launch) an attack on the assets of Hurricane Hydrocarbons.
8. All day yesterday we ___________________ (try) to develop a Web-based project.
9.Tests _________________________ (show) that the sea bed _____________________ (sink).
10. Engineers _________________________ (solve) the problem by installing a system which ________________________ (make) it possible to keep the foundations of the terminal building level.
You need to make the choice first and then we will be glad to check it for you. We do not DO the work for you but HELP after you have tried it.
Simple Past = passed, rode, wrote
Past Progressive = was passing, was riding, was writing