Posted by anon on Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 5:34pm.
Solve the following trig equations. give all the positive values of the angle between 0 degrees and 360 degrees that will satisfy each. give any approximate value to the nearest minute only.
( I got confused doing this 1 can you help me with it.)
3 sin theta - 4 cos theta = 2
(can you correct this 1 for me.)
tan (x+15)= 3 tan x
tan(x+15) = (tanx + tan15)/(1-tanx tan15)
(tanx + tan15)/(1-tanx tan15) = 3 tanx
tanx + tan 15 = 3 tanx - 3tan2x tan15
3 tan2x tan15 - 2tanx + tan15 = 0
tan15 = 0.27, denote tanx as t
0.81 t2 - 2t + 0.27 = 0
D = 0.1252
t1 = 1.67
t2 = 0.80
tan (x1) = 1.67
x1 = arctan (1.67) + ヰn = 59.087 + 180n = 59━ 5'+ 180n, n=0,1,2,..
tan(x2) = 0.80
x2 = arctan(0.80) + ヰn = 38.66 + 180n = 38━ 40' + 180n, n=0,1,2,..
Answer: 59━ 5', 239━ 5', 38━ 40', 218━ 40'
Answer this Question
- Trigonometry - Solve the following trig equations. Give all positive values of ...
- Trigonometry - I have some trigonometric equations to do, but I'm pretty lost, ...
- trigonometry (please double check this) - Solve the following trig equations. ...
- 12th grade Trigonometry - Solve this trigonometric equation.give all positive ...
- trig - find to the nearesr degree, all values of x between 0 degrees and 360 ...
- trigonometry - A wheel with a 20-inch radius is marked at two points on the rim...
- trigonometry - Find all the angles between 0 degrees and 360 degrees which ...
- trig - Give the measure of the acute angle with each given value to the nearest ...
- MATHH - In a triangle ABC, angle A is 2 times angles C and angle B is 20 degrees...
- Trigonometry - use the appropriate trig identity (sum and difference, half angle...