Posted by Kate on Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 4:23pm.
Consider 100g of 5.5% (mass) solution of NaNO3. Complete the following table, before calculating molarity, molality and mole fraction of NaNO3.
RefInfo 85g/mol 18.02g/mol
Density=1.00g/mol (This goes under "soln" as reference info).
Ok well I attempted to make a table. I have to fill it in. Can anyone help me fill it out plz?
Chem- PLZ HELP! - Kate, Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 4:26pm
Ok that looks wrong.
100g should be under solution for the mass, 18.02g/mol for the solvent of H2O and 85g/mol for the solute of NaNO3. I have to find mass of solute and solvent and the moles of solute and solvent. Pls help anyone!
Chem- PLZ HELP! - DrBob222, Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 5:41pm
I can't make out some of it but I can get you started and you can fill in the missing parts.
100 g NaNO3 solution that is 5.5% w/w.
That is NOT 100 g NaNO3, that is 100 g of the solution.
5.5% w/w means 5.5 g NaNO3/100 g solution.
So mass solute = 5.5 grams.
moles solute = 5.5/molar mass NaNO3.
mass solution = 100 g
mass solute = 5.5
mass solvent (H2O) = 100-5.5 = ??
moles solvent(H2O) = g solvent/molar mass solvent.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry needs another look plz - Posted by Lori on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 ...
- chemistry - A solution of HCI has a density of 1.18 g/ml and is 36% (m/m). what...
- chemistry:(.... - what temperature would each of the following solubility be ...
- ap chem - a solution is prepared by dissolving 4.87 g of sodium dichromate in 25...
- chemistry - A solution was made by dissolving 62.07 grams of a compound in 500.0...
- chemistry - Okay so I know how I would normally determine molar mass of a ...
- chemistry - a solution is made by dissolving 25 g NaCl in enough water to make 1...
- Chemistry - When 50 mL of 1.0 M AgNO3 is added to 50 mL of 0.50 M HCl, a ...
- Chemistry - An aqueous antifreeze solution is 40.0% ethylene glycol (C2H6O2) by ...
- Chemistry - which solution has the highest boiling point? a. 1 mole of NaNO3 in ...