Posted by Paige on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:31pm.
Just wanted to check to see if these are correct. Thank you,
if a greyhound bus travels 7mph slower than the express bus. the express bus travels 45 miles in the time it takes the greyhound bus to travel 38 miles. find the speed of each bus
greyhound 38/x-7 express 45/x
38mph for greyhound
45mph for express
- Algebra 2 word problem - Helper, Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:47pm
- Algebra 2 word problem - MathMate, Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:47pm
The answer is correct!
However, please be careful with parenthese:
38/x-7 ≡ (38/x) - 7
because multiplications and divisions take precedence over additions and subtractions.
If you want 38/(x-7), you need the parentheses.
A general rule is to insert parentheses around the numerator and denominator.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra! Help needed! - I'm having a little trouble with this problem... Please ...
- math - A car travels 315 miles in the same amount of time that a bus travels 245...
- Algebra - On a school field trip, the bus travels 16 miles in 30 minutes. find ...
- Algebra - The bus stations in Trawlwy and Fenton are 220 miles apart. A bus left...
- 6th grade math - A girl's basketball team is playing in the Texas state ...
- science - A bus travels from city x due east toward city y. If the bus travels ...
- Math - the trip will be 560 miles the bus travels at an average speed of 60 ...
- 7th grade math - A little more help please. The trip will be 560 miles. Their ...
- Algebra - The bus stations in Trawlwy and Fenton are 220 miles apart. A bus ...
- Math - The bus stations in Trawlwy and Fenton are 220 miles apart. A bus left ...