Posted by Marie on Monday, February 28, 2011 at 11:02pm.
I am completely lost trying to solve this problem. I could really use some help and explanation.
x/x+1 + 5/x = 1/x^2+x
also how do you write
(x-5)(x-5) would it be x^2-5
- Algebra 2 - Helper, Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 12:04am
You need parenthesis.
I'll assume your problem is,
x/(x+1) + 5/x = 1/(x^2 + x)
x/(x+1) + 5/x = 1/(x(x + 1))
Multiply both sides by x(x + 1)
x^2 + 5(x + 1) = 1
x^2 + 5x + 5 = 1
x^2 + 5x + 4 = 0
(x + 1)(x + 4) = 0
x = -1 or x = -4
Make sure you check both answers in the original equation. I have NOT checked.
- Algebra 2 - Paige, Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 12:14am
I have been trying to figure this problem out and I am completely lost.
Could someone help guide me through it?
(3x^4-0x^3-8x^2 -3x-3) / (x^2-3)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Hi there I am having some troubles trying to do my calculus homework ...
- some algebra help (radicals) - I hope I am writing this down right.. I am trying...
- Algebra 2 - Solve each system 3x+2y= -2 9x- y= -6 I know how to solve for x but ...
- Algebra--help really needed! - I'm having some trouble with my algebra homework...
- English - Hello everyone! Can you write me some ideas about: "Being a surgeon is...
- english essay - Hello everyone! Can you write me some ideas about: "Being a ...
- ALgebra - JUST A MOM TRYING TO HELP MY CHILD WITH UNDERSTANDING. DON'T KNOW HOW ...
- Algebra - I need some help with this question I really don't understand it and ...
- MATH PLEASE HELP! - Solve each system 3x+2y= -2 9x- y= -6 I know how to solve ...
- Algebra--please help! - I'm having some trouble with my algebra homework. Please...