posted by Hayley on .
1. (Who, Whom) wrote this poem about Knoxville, Tennessee?
2. Has anyone told told Maya or (she, her) about the opera?
3 .The coach was happy with (we, us) runners.
4. (Who, whom) should I thank for the tickets?
5. Mr. Yu helped (we, us) students in the library.
6. (Who, Whom) will you march next to in the parade?
With number 4, the person you are thanking is NOT doing the thanking.
If I go up to you and say, "thank you," are you thanking me or am I thanking you?
Number 6, the verb is "march." You are marching.
Both are whom.
Ooops! I answered too quickly. You're right, Matt.