Posted by Kallie on Monday, February 28, 2011 at 7:59pm.
What is the difference between speed and velocity?
8th grade science - bobpursley, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:17pm
velocity has direction and magnitude, speed has only magnitude.
8th grade science - Dan, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:23pm
velocity is speed with direction
An airplane is flying East at 300 miles per hour
Its speed is 300 miles per hour
Its velocity is 300 miles per hour East
8th grade science - kiea, Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 5:44pm
calculate the volume of a solid that has a length of 3.1 cm width of 1.9mcm and a height of 2.8 cm
8th grade science - stuart, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 9:16pm
Velocity is displacement divided by time, its a vector having both magnitude and direction
Speed is distance divided by time and
is scalar having a magnitude only.
ie. a man runs a race stopping at the finish line, hence 0 displacement and no velocity. He would have speed because he traveled a set distance divided by his time.
8th grade science - M, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 6:30pm
Tyler put a cube of blue closed cell foam in a syringe and clamped the the end closed, what happened to the particles outside of the cube?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade science - what is the difference between sexual and asexual ...
- 8th grade science - answer yes or no to weight, velocity,speed,& mass. 2 ...
- Science - How do I calculate between the race of two automobiles in kilometer ...
- 8th grade science - Describe the motion of a bicycle in a race in terms speed,...
- Physical Science - Hi... well anyways so I am in 7th grade but I'm taking 8th ...
- U.S History- 8th grade - What was the major difference between the three regions...
- 8th grade literacy - what is the difference between hype and reality?
- 8th grade - what is the difference between a birthday cake and a buffalo
- math - what is the difference between translation , rotation, relections, and ...
- Science - I'm studding forces and motion what is the difference between velocity...