Posted by Student555 on Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:08pm.
1) Given the terms a35 = 1238 and a70 = 1483 of an Arithmetic. Find the exact value of the term a105 a sequence and sum of sequence.
2) Given a3 = 99 and a5 = 891 of a Geometric. Find the exact value of the term a7 of the sequence and the sum of sequence.
Math - Arithmetic & Geometric - Reiny, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:58pm
a+ 34d = 1238
a+69d = 1483
35d = 245
d = 7
then in the 1st equation:
a + 238 = 1238
a = 1000
so term(105) = 1000 + 104(7) = 1728
ar^2 = 99
ar^4 = 891
divide the 2nd by the third.
r^2 = 9
r = ±3
in the 1st
a(9) = 99
a = 11
= 11(3)^6 = 8019
Math - Arithmetic & Geometric - Student555, Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:27am
Thanks a lot
Math - Arithmetic & Geometric - Anonymous, Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 11:43am
An arithmetic sequence is represented in the following table. Enter the missing term of the sequence.
Math - Arithmetic & Geometric - nontobeko, Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:51pm
Math-ariyhmetic & geometric
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP and GP - 1) Given the terms a35 = 1238, a70 = 1483 of an AP. Find the exact ...
- math - in an arithmetic sequence the common difference is equal to 2.the first ...
- Maths - 1..The first 2 terms of a geometric progression are the same as the ...
- Math Help!!! - determine whether each sequence is arithmetic or geometric. find ...
- Algebra - Determine whether each sequence is arithmetic or geometric. Find the ...
- math - Determine whether each sequence is arithmetic or geometric. Find the next...
- Math - A sequence is formed by adding together the corresponding terms of a ...
- math - The 1st,5th,13th term of an arithmetic sequence are the first 3 terms of ...
- Can someone help me?! - The 1st, 5th and 13th terms of an arithmetic sequence ...
- Advanced Functions - I need help answering these questions 1. State the Common ...