Posted by Jared on Monday, February 28, 2011 at 4:12pm.
A square is 7 meters on a side. To the nearest tenth of a meter, how long is the diagonal of the square?
- math - Helper, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:34pm
The diagonal of a square forms two
The sides of a 45-45-90 triangle are in the ratio,
a : b : hypotenuse
x : x : x(sqrt(2))
The diagonal is the hypotenuse of this 45-45-90 triangle.
Side = 7
7 * (sqrt(2)) = ?
- math - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:35pm
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
7^2 + 7^2 = c^2
49 + 49 = 98
c = square root of 98
Be sure to round to the nearest tenth.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the base of the pyramid of Khufu is a square with side 230m long. ...
- Square roots - The diagonal of a square has length square root 2 X s, where s is...
- Math - A printing company makes plastic banners 15 feet long by 6 feet wide. An ...
- Geometry - 7. What is the surface are of a conical grain storage tank that has a...
- math - the area of a square is 8 square meters . what is the length of one side ...
- Algebra 2 - Given the area of the figure, find its perimeter to the nearest ...
- geometry - The area of ETG is 400 square meters. To the nearest tenth of a meter...
- Alg 1 - The largest town square in the world is Tiananmen Square in Beijing, ...
- MAths algebra - A diagonal of a square parking lot is 75 meters.Find to the ...
- Math - A square television screen has 19-inch diagonal. How long is a side of ...