Posted by shannon on Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 6:49pm.
A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into 2 pieces that have lengths in a ratio of 3 to 2. Find the lengths of the two pieces.
geometry - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 7:00pm
Let x = the longer piece.
3/5 = x/12
5x = 36
x = 7.2
12 - 7.2 = ?
geometry - Nhi giap, Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 11:14pm
variable L= length
and we have 12:2 is = 6
and then the ratio 2/3
is 2/3 L=9
12-9=3 If they asking continues answer will be 3
so both sides are make sense
6=2/3(9) check from the 12 feet long we have 12= L+3= 12=12
if this helpful
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - For that problem: A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into 2 ...
- geometry - for that some problem: A board that is 12 feet long must be cut into ...
- geometry - A board that is 19 feet long must be cut into two pieces that have ...
- math - a rope is cut into three pieces P,Q and R.the lengths of the pieces are ...
- geometry - a 10-inch-long board is cut into two pieces that have lengths in the ...
- algebra - a piece of wire that is 58cm long is cut into three pieces. the ...
- Agebra - A 12ft. board is cut into two pieces so that one piece is 8 ft. longer ...
- Math - A 12-ft. board is cut into 2 pieces so that one piece is 4 feet longer ...
- Algebra - A cord is cut into two pieces of different lengths. The sum of the two...
- Math- Geometry - A board 20 feet long is cut into two boards with lengths in ...