Posted by Andrea on Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 5:25pm.
how do i figure out the science metric conversion of .003 m = mm?
science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 5:28pm
1000 mm = 1 m
0.003 * 1000 = ? mm
science - Dan, Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 6:38pm
The best thing I have done for conversions throughout all of my education was learn this saying:
Kings over Humans over Dragons over Dogs over Cats over Mice
(or if you prefer: "King Henry Died Drinking Chocolate Milk)
broken down that gives:
K H D * D C M
this is short for: Kilo, Hecta, Deca, Deci, Centi, Milli
Insert at * with grams meters or liters
start with and point at what you are given (meters) and count how many to what you want (millimeters). then move the decimal point either left or right as many spaces as you counted
1.56 km --> ? cm
K H D meters D C M
1 2 3 4 5 6
(move the decimal six to the right)
1.56km --> 1560000.0cm
science - Franchesca, Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 4:54pm
I like to remember King Henry died by drinking chocolate milk. The "b" of by stands for base which can me liters, meters, bytes, grams, etc.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - If someone could figure this problem out and tell me how to do it, i...
- Science - Is there an easier way to understand how to convert gallons to liters ...
- science - How do you use the metric system? You use if for weighing, measuring ...
- science - How to read a metric ruler. Question is what lengths are indicated on ...
- Science - Metric System How do I know when to multiply and when to divide when ...
- Biology -- metric - Which statement best describes the significance of the ...
- history ish - The U.S is the only country currently not using the metric system ...
- Science - I'm struggling to figure out velocity and understanding the formulas. ...
- Science - Why do we use the metric system to measure things in science?
- Science - how is it possible to figure out a science problem like this EXAMPLE:s...