Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 9:21pm.
A critical dimension of the service quality of a call center is the wait time of a caller to get to a sales representative. Periodically, random samples of 6 customer calls are measured for time. Results from the last five samples are shown in the table.
a) Management is willing to use three-sigma limits. Using the factors in Table 5.1, determine upper and lower limits for mean and range charts.
b) Plot sample means and ranges on their respective control charts. Is the process in control?
2. (Chapter 6) Larry’s Wickets, Inc. is producing two types of products: A and B. Both are produced at the same machining operation. The machines operate on two 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week, and 50 weeks per year. The manager wants to maintain a 20 percent capacity cushion. Because of demand uncertainties, the operations manager obtained three demand forecasts (pessimistic, expected, and optimistic). The demand forecasts, lot sizes, processing times, and setup times are given in the below table. Determine the minimum, expected, and maximum number of machines needed.
Lot Size (units/lot)
3. (Chapter 7) The figure below shows the process for paying tuition at a major university. Students are provided their bill for the next term for review, and then routed to different tables for questions to be answered before finally paying their tuition at E. The numbers in parentheses are the times in minutes for each step of the process.
a) What is the capacity for the A-B-C-E process route?
b) What is the capacity for the A-B-D-E process route?
c) If 60% of the students are routed to C and 40% are routed to D, what is the average capacity per hour for the process?
d) Where would you expect student wait times to occur? Why?
Please explain your solutions clearly.
4. (Chapter 15) Complete the MPS record in Figure 15.27 on page 569 of your textbook. Explain how you determined projected on-hand inventory, MPS quantity, and MPS start.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- QSO 510 - During the dinner hour, the distribution of the inter-arrival time of ...
- Statistics - Problem During the dinner hour, the distribution of the inter-...
- operations management/supply chain - Suppose you are managing a service system ...
- Operations Management - Fresh Sub hires three workers during the peak hours. ...
- Operations management - At a major supermarket, checkout time is monitored to ...
- Stats - The manager of Lone Star Restaurant believes that the average wait time ...
- Administrative Office Procedures - If you have several calls coming in at one ...
- statistics - A firm has 30% of its service calls made by a contractor, and 15% ...
- Statistics - Service times for customers at a post office follow some right-...
- Stats - The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides a toll-free help line for ...