Posted by Sidney on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 8:51pm.
Bangs really confuse me:(
Could I get a few notes on them please, I already checked the internet.
B stands for beauty
A stands for age
N stands for number
G stands for goodness
S stands for size
These are all adjectives, what confuses me is that are they supposed to come after the noun or before?
- FRENCH- BANGS - SraJMcGin, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 9:22pm
Clever! Unlike English adjectives, most descriptive adjectives in French FOLLOW the noun they modify.
une porte secrète
les vins blancs
Some short descriptive adjectives that usually precede the noun are:
beau (B for beauty)
jeune/vieux (A for age)
dernier/premier/plusieurs (N for number)
bon (G for goodness)
grand/petit/gros (S for size)
But there are others as well:
tout (precedes the article = toute la maison)
Then there are adjectives that have two or more meanings, depending upon the position (after or before)
Sra (aka M me)
- FRENCH- BANGS - Sidney, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 9:35pm
There are masculine forms, feminine forms, and plural forms as well right?
- FRENCH- BANGS - SraJMcGin, Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 12:51am
Absolutely! A good dictionary will help you. Take for example: bon
bon = masculine singular
bonne = feminine singular
bons = masculine plural
bonnes = feminine plural
beau = masculine singular
bel = masculine singular before a vowel (a, e, i, o, u)
belle = feminine singular
beaux = masculine plufal
belles = feminine plural
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
- French - Use different adjectives correctly and demonstrate understanding of ...
- maths - plz give full answer for this i am not geting If * stands for -, /stands...
- calculus - use &-e to prove the following lim x^2-9/x+3 = -6 x->-3 please ...
- maths - If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- maths - 1) If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- maths - ) If * stands for -, /stands for +, +stands for *, then which of the ...
- Math - I am a 5-digit number. I have the digit 4 in the hundreds place and tens ...
- English - 1. One maple and three elms (stand, stands) in the yard. stands
- science - How many Mm2 would there be in 43.65 dm2 Mm stands for Mega meters and...
- English Language Arts - What does CUPS stand for? i know that C stands for ...