Posted by Hannah on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 4:42pm.
so I use g'(x) X h(x) + g(x) X h'(x)
so the derivative of (x^3+1)=3x^2
So (3x^2)(x^3+1) + (x^3+1)(6x) Is this correct so far. If so this is where I am stuck. I am having trouble simplifing.
- Math - drwls, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 4:59pm
You made a mistake applying the "derivative of a product" formula.
g'(x) = (3x^2)(3x^2-1) + (x^3+1)*6x
= 12x^4 -3x^2 +6x
= 3x(4x^3 -x^2 +2)
- Math - Hannah, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 5:00pm
Actually I figure it out.
- Math - Bosnian, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 5:19pm
In google type: calc101
When you see list of resultc click on:
Calc101com Automatic Calculus and Algebra Help
When page be open clik option: derivatives
When this page be open in rectacangle type:
and click options DO IT
You will see solution step-by-step
By the way on this site you can practice any kind of derivation.
- Math - Hannah, Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 5:25pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calc - derivative of (x^3/6)+(1/2x)? i got (x^2/2)-(1/2x^2) is that correct? and...
- math - can some one please help me with the following questions as i don't ...
- Math - Question: use the first principles of a derivative to find (dy÷dx) f(x...
- calculus - Differentiate both sides of the double angle identify sin 2x= 2 sin x...
- derivative - I am finding the second derivative of (x^2)(y^3) = 1 2x(y^3) + (x^2...
- calculus - I am having trouble with this problem also derivative differentiate f...
- math - Find the derivative of y=3x-2(4^x) Here is my attempt: Derivative of 3x ...
- trigo help! - 1. differentiate cos(3/x) 2. differentiate sin(4/x) 3. ...
- Derivative - implicitly differentiate f(x) 2xy= y ^2 find second derivative with...
- Calc - intergral of (x^3 -4x + 3)/(2x) dx would this be ln abs(x^3-4x+3) + C? I ...