Posted by allen on Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:36pm.
At the school store, 5 pens sell for $1.25. Which proportion will help find the cost of 12 pens?
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:38pm
What are your choices?
What do you think the answer is?
- math - allen, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:41pm
- math - allen, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:42pm
I say its c
- math - Damon, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:51pm
5 pens / 12 pens = 1.25 dollars/x dollars
It helps to write the units, pens and dollars.
I claim a is correct
although I myself would have written the same thing as
5 pens/1.25 dollars = 12 pens/x dollars
which comes out the same
- math - Anonymous, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 11:11pm
5 pens cost 1.25$
1.25/5=0.25$ Price of one pen
12*0.25=3$ Price of 12 pens
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - An office supply store sells pens for $3 and notebooks for $5. Before ...
- math - A college bookstore ordered six boxes of red pens. The store sold 32 red ...
- algebra - A college bookstore ordered six boxes of red pens. The store sold 37 ...
- pre algebra - A college bookstore ordered 6 boxes of red pens. The store sold 32...
- math - a number of teachers were to receive 6 pens each ,but needed 4 more pens ...
- Math - In a store, pencils have one price and pens have another. 3 Pencils and 2...
- Math - An office manager bought 16 boxes of pens, each containing z pens. ...
- math - A salesperson bought a caase of pens.On Monday, he sold 1/2 of the pens....
- Quick Math Help - The school store sells pens for $2.00 and notebooks for $3.00...
- Quadratic Functions in Algebra - Suppose C(x)=x^2−6x+20 represents the ...