Posted by sarah on Friday, February 25, 2011 at 4:29pm.
f(x) passes through (0,2). the slope of f at any point is 3 times the y-coordinate. find the derivative at 1
elementary calc - Reiny, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:11pm
When a derivative of a function is a multiple of the y value of the function, it suggests an exponential function.
let the function be y = a e^(kx), where a and k are constanst
dy/dx = ak e^(kx)
given ak e^(kx) = 3y = 3(a e^(kx))
then ak = 3a
k = 3
so we know y = a e^(3x)
2 = a e^(0)
a = 2
then y = 2 e^(3x)
then dy/dx = 6 e^(3x)
dy/dx = 6 e^3
elementary calc - Damon, Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:14pm
dy/dx = 3 y
dy/y = 3 dx
ln y = 3 x + c
y = C e^3x
if x = 0, y = 2
y = 2 e^3x
when x = 1
y = 2 e^3 = 40
dy/dx = 3y = 120
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - the graph of f(x) passes through the point (0,6). the slope of f at ...
- calculus - The graph of f(x) passes through the point (0,3) . The slope of f at...
- Calculus - Find the xy-equation of the curve that passes through (-2, -2) and ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Calc - Find a parabola with the equation y=ax^2+bx+c and has slope 4 at x=1, ...
- Calculus Help Please!!! Check - A curve passes through the point (0, 2) and has ...
- calculus - 1. Which of the following expressions is the definition of the ...
- calculus - 8. Find the derivative of the function f(x) = cos^2(x) + tan^2(x) 9. ...
- Math please. - What is the y-intercept of y = 2/3x + 2? I have to write it out ...
- Math/Algebra do u know how to do slope intercept? - The following problems are ...