Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:24pm.
using common denominators find the sum
or difference.write it in simplest form 1/2 +1/10=
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:29pm
1/2 = 5/10
5/10 + 1/10 = ?
- math 5th grade - Anonymous, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:42pm
don't understand ,need common denominator ,the sum in simplest form
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:49pm
The only way you can add or subtract fractions is if they have the same denominator.
Think of money. A half dollar is the same as 50 cents, right?
Think of a pizza. If you divide it into 10 equal pieces, and eat 5 of them, you've eaten 1/2 a pizza.
Study this site carefully.
I hope that makes it clearer.
5/10 + 1/10 = 6/10
- math - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 7:42pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math 5th grade - need to understand how to find the sum in simplest form of ...
- 5th grade math - can you please explain &show me how to get these answers to ...
- math - 7/8 + 1/10 find the sum or difference. write the snswer in simplest form
- 7th grade - find the sum or difference. write the answer in simplest form.
- Math - Everett is reading a book for his language arts class. He read 1/3 of the...
- Please Help Me Math - Find the sum and express in simplest form. Show all work: ...
- Math - I am trying to decide between 2 answers on a vocabulray question. The ...
- Math - Find the difference. Write the simplest form. 6 7/8 - 4 3/8 = 4 2/3 - 3 1...
- Math help, anyone? - Solve the proportion. Where necessary, round to the nearest...
- Math - Look at the given triangles. a. Write an expression in simplest form for ...