Posted by Hannah on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 9:40pm.
. What is the percent by mass of nitrogen in (NH4)2CO3?
dont know how to do, please help.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:10pm
%N = (mass N/molar mas)*100
mass N = 2*N = 2*14.00whatever N is. Look it up. Post your answer if you want us to check it for you.
Chemistry - Hannah, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:11pm
i got 29 %
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:28pm
How accurately do you want it calculated?
%N = (2*14.007/98.086)*100 = 29.155%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - what is the percent by mass of nitrogen in (NH4)2CO3? how do you do ...
- chemistry - What is the mass percent of nitrogen in ammonium carbonate, (NH4)...
- Chemistry - Ammonium carbonate decomposes upon heating according to the balanced...
- Chemistry - Rank the following fertilizers in decreasing order of mass ...
- chemistry - Calculate the molar mass of baking powder (NH4)2CO3
- Chemistry - Indicate the concentration of each ion or molecule present in a ...
- chemistry - which of the following compounds contains the lowest percentage by ...
- Chemistry - how can i find out how many moles of oxygen are in 9.85g of (NH4)...
- AP Chem - (NH4)2CO3 <-> 2NH3 + CO2 + H2O solid (NH4)2CO3 is placed in an ...
- Chemistry - What is the ionic equation for (NH4)2CO3=2NH3+CO2+H2O