Posted by Jess on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 8:17pm.
A rectangle has a perimeter of 24 and an area of 35 square feet. What is the length and width of the rectangle?
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 8:23pm
A = lw
35 = 5 * 7
math - Reiny, Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 8:23pm
length --- x
width ---- y
2x + 2y = 24
x + y = 12
y = 12-x
x(12-x) = 35
-x^2 + 12x - 35 = 0
x^2 - 12x + 35 = 0
x = 7 or x = 5
if x=7, y=5 or if x=5, then y=7
the rectangle is 5 by 7
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 6x feet and its width is 3x feet. The area ...
- Math asap - 2.David wants to build a pen for his goat. He wants the area of the ...
- Math - The perimeter of a rectangle is 34 feet and the area measures 60 square ...
- math - The length, l, of a rectangle is 2 feet less than three times the width, ...
- Math - The area of a rectangle is shown below The area of the rectangle is 56 ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- Math - The first question is this: Helen designs a rectangle with an area of 225...
- Math - The perimeter of a rectangle is 52 feet. The length is 2 feet shorter ...
- Geometry - The length of a rectangle is 3x+10 feet and its width is x+12 feet. ...