Posted by Melanie on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 5:55pm.
So my teacher is making me solve systems by graphing. One of them was 3x + y = 6 and 2x + 3y = 13 . I converted both of them into slope intercept form and got y = -3x + 6 and y = -2/3x + 13/3 . The thing is I don't know how to graph a fraction ?!?!?! And if I turn that fraction into a decimal, I also won't know how to graph the decimal. Help? (:
Math - Melanie, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 6:31pm
OMG SOMEONE HELP PLEASE !!!! :/ I'm desperate
Math - Melanie, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 6:41pm
Okay so no one wants to help... alright -_-
Math - Helper, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 8:00pm
Solve without graphing first so that you know what x and y equal.
Then pick three points for each to graph.
3x + y = 6
x = 1, y = 3
x = 2, y = 0
x = 3, y = -3
2x + 3y = 13
x = 1, y = 11/3 = 3.67 (3.67 is a little more than 3 1/2)
x = 2, y = 3
x = 3, y = 7/3 = 2.34 (2.34 is a little more than 2 1/4).
Since you have already solved without graphing, and know the solution for x and y, this should help to see where the lines should intersect.
The solution for this system is,
x = 5/7 = 0.71 approx. which is about 3/4
y = 27/7 = 3 6/7 approx. which is about
Good luck :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,help plz - i am lost with this one. Solve the system by graphing. what is ...
- MATH - Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Instructions a. If needed, rewrite the ...
- Algebra - I have to find the equation for the line that passes through (4,3) and...
- Math - What is 10x + 2y - 10 = 0 in slope intercept form ? and can you also ...
- Math - Slope intercept - Write this equation in slope intercept form. 6x-3y-2=0 ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Algerba - Find slope and y-intercept of following equation y=-3 x -2 knowing the...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...