Posted by Melanie on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 5:55pm.
So my teacher is making me solve systems by graphing. One of them was 3x + y = 6 and 2x + 3y = 13 . I converted both of them into slope intercept form and got y = -3x + 6 and y = -2/3x + 13/3 . The thing is I don't know how to graph a fraction ?!?!?! And if I turn that fraction into a decimal, I also won't know how to graph the decimal. Help? (:
- Math - Melanie, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 6:31pm
OMG SOMEONE HELP PLEASE !!!! :/ I'm desperate
- Math - Melanie, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 6:41pm
Okay so no one wants to help... alright -_-
- Math - Helper, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 8:00pm
Solve without graphing first so that you know what x and y equal.
Then pick three points for each to graph.
3x + y = 6
x = 1, y = 3
x = 2, y = 0
x = 3, y = -3
2x + 3y = 13
x = 1, y = 11/3 = 3.67 (3.67 is a little more than 3 1/2)
x = 2, y = 3
x = 3, y = 7/3 = 2.34 (2.34 is a little more than 2 1/4).
Since you have already solved without graphing, and know the solution for x and y, this should help to see where the lines should intersect.
The solution for this system is,
x = 5/7 = 0.71 approx. which is about 3/4
y = 27/7 = 3 6/7 approx. which is about
Good luck :)
Answer this Question
- math,help plz - i am lost with this one. Solve the system by graphing. what is ...
- MATH - Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Instructions a. If needed, rewrite the ...
- Algebra - Find the slope and the y-intercept. y=5x I know the slope would be 5, ...
- graphing - given order pairs (-4,-2) and (-1,-5), develop an equation in the ...
- algebra - Q: when graphing the equation y = 4/3x + 2, the y intercept is? A: (0,...
- Algerba - Find slope and y-intercept of following equation y=-3 x -2 knowing the...
- Math - Without graphing, identify the slope and the y-intercept. 7x+4y=33 My ...
- Math - What is 10x + 2y - 10 = 0 in slope intercept form ? and can you also ...
- math - How do you solve this problem? Find the slope-intercept equation of the ...
- Math - For the equation y = -6x, what is the slope and y intercept? The formula...