Posted by BethAnne on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 12:20pm.
Could someone please help me-I'm totally confused on this.
I have to say that the person has his/her/their own book or books in the following sentences
1.Yo tengo libro.
2.Ella tiene libros
3.Ellos tienen libro
4.Nosotros tenemos libro
For 1, would I put mi
3. don't know
Thank you ahead for any help you can give
- Spanish-8th grade-Sra JMcGin I'm Totally confused - BethAnne, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 12:42pm
Please help-I'm really confused
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - MattsRiceBowl, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 12:45pm
Number 3: subject: ellos, so you would have to use "su" or "sus."
Since it is modifying "libro" (singular), it would be "su."
(Though it is a strange sentence. I think it is saying they all have one book).
4. With nosotros, use nuestro.
Other 2 look good.
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:59pm
Matt explained it very well. If you still have questions, ask again .
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:02pm
P.S. This may not make a lot of sense to you but the "possessor" has nothing to do with the gender of the possessive adjective. It MUST have the same number (singular/plural) and gender (masculine/feminine) as the noun modified.
Later this will become clearer, perhaps, when you get to another way to show possession = with the definite article.
1. Es el libro de mí (preposition pronoun at the end)
2. Son los libros de ella.
3. Es el libro de ellos.
4. Es el libro de nosotros.
When you get to prepositional pronouns, I'll be happy to compare for you:
1. subject pronouns
2. possessive pronouns
3. prepositional pronouns
- Spanish-8th grade-Totally confused - Jordon, Monday, March 7, 2011 at 7:25pm
You guys should have my spanish teacher. If you had her you wouldn't be confused at all. I LOVE SENORA PINSON.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish please help - Will somebody please help. Thank You so much. 19. Say that...
- spanish - Say that the person has his/her/their own book or books. Ella tiene ...
- Spanish: check answers - 16. Which sentence is correct? A. Yo no entiendo a la ...
- Spanish #2 - Para sacar una buena nota en el examen...Look at the drawings and ...
- Spanish - This is a letter I had to write in Spanish/. Can someone please check ...
- Spanish 2 - I turned these in and my teacher said all my answers were wrong. I'm...
- Spanish - Please see if this is written correctly. Let me know if I can say ...
- 7th grade math - Hello there! I am totally confused what does x = 4x+3+2x= 54/9 ...
- geometry - I totally don't understand Vectors How do you describe a vector as an...
- Spanish - Tell what the following people have to do in order to get good grades...