Posted by kadi on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 11:31am.
Which statements describe the European Union (EU)?
1) Citizens of EU nations can live, work, or study in any member nation.
2) Passports must be presented by citizens when traveling between EU nations.
3) Tariffs between member nations were ended in 1968.
4) The common currency of the EU is the Euro.
5) Thirty nations belong to the EU.
6) To belong to the EU, member nations must give up some of their sovereignty.
can someone help me, please? It is multiple select, but i cant find anything about it in my lesson.
- World Geography - drwls, Monday, February 21, 2011 at 12:26pm
You can find most of the ansqwers here:
There are currently 27 member coutries, not 30. Not all of them use the Euro.
I believe the other statements to be true, but had better do your own research or wait for another teacher to respond.
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 21, 2011 at 6:13pm
The following are true statements: 1, 3, 6.
As drwls said, not all EU members use the Euro -- although most of them do.
- World Geography - drwls, Monday, February 21, 2011 at 8:24pm
I should have realized that 2) is wrong. You do not have to present passports when going from one EU country to another, but you do if you are entering from outside the EU, or arriving at an international airport.
Many, if not most, internal EU borders no longer have guards.
- World Geography - Kadi, Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 11:07am
Okay. thank you, to both of you. :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geography - The European Union (EU) was formed to advance the economic goals of ...
- social studies - The European Union (EU) was formed to advance the economic ...
- Social studies - 11.what was the cause of the crusades? A.a muslim ruler ...
- History - Economic experts use certain measures, such as GNP and GDP to divide ...
- Social studies - 1. Into which political unit is the world primarily organized A...
- algebra 1 - In 1975, when the United Nations was formed, there were 51 member ...
- Geography/History - Multiple select. The dissolution of the Union of Soviet ...
- 7th grade social studies Ms. Sue please - Multiple Choice 1. What was one cause ...
- check geo - abstract painting and geometric design are examples of: A)realism B)...
- Global Politics - Describe the difference between intergovernmentalism and ...