Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:52pm.
Axia College Material
Sentence Structure Review
Each of the following sentences has one grammatical error. The errors are in one of the following four categories: subject–verb agreement, run-on sentence, verb form and tense, or sentence fragment.
Identify which of the four errors, if any, is present in each sentence by writing the type of error found in the space provided. Rewrite the sentence so that it is a grammatically correct sentence.
Sentence Write the type of error in the spaces below.
A giant monster attacked the warehouse yesterday morning the warehouse makes sneakers.
At 3PM I will be feeding the ducks. At the park.
They is both happy.
This morning I watch TV before I drove here.
The bank robber escaped from the bank. With some money.
That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people wants them.
Grammar quizzes can be tough there is a lot to learn it is hard to remember I find that it gets easier with practice.
Can I call you back? I am try to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:55pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:55pm
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think the answers are.
- english - joseph mchenry, Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 12:14am
sentence fragment i think that what the answer is.
- english - Dorothy, Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 12:17pm
I think the answers are:
1. Sentence Fragement/Correction: At 3pm I will be feeding the ducks at the park.
2. Subject Verb Agreement/Correction: They both are happy.
3. Verb Tense- This morning I watchd TV before I drove here.
4.Sentence Fragment/Correction The bank robber escaped from the bank, with some money.
5. Subject Verb Agreement/Correction- That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people want them.
6. Run-on Sentence/Correction- Grammar quizzes can be tough, because there is a lot to learn. It is hard to remember, but I find that it gets easier with practice.
7. I do not find any errors
Can you please let me know if my responses are correct? I need to know what I did wrong if anything. Thanks
- english - Marc, Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 9:43pm
1. The giant monster attacked the warehouse, yesterday morning the warehouse was making sneakers.
Answer this Question
- com/155 - Each of the following sentences has one grammatical error. The errors ...
- Elements of University Composition and Communicati - Each of the following ...
- Sentence Agreement Errors - What agreement error would this sentence be? One of ...
- GRAMMAR - Good Morning- Each of the following sentences has an agreement error ...
- English - I am in college classes and english has never been my strongest class...
- English - Choose three items from the list below. Define your three chosen ...
- Grammar-agreement errors - Match the correct type of agreement error to the ...
- English - Can you tell me the grammatical error on the following sentences eg:...
- Subject Verb agreement. - Which of the following sentences does illustrate ...
- Grammar-agreement errors - Match the correct type to agreement error to the ...