Posted by Richard on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 12:25am.
The surface area of a cylinder is 200cm. The diameter is equal to the height. Find the radius.
Math - Reiny, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 1:02am
V= πr^2h, but h = r
so V=πr^3 = 200
r^3 = 200/π
r = appr. 4 cm .......(I had 3.9929)
Scratch my reply - Math - Reiny, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 1:05am
I read it as volume
Time to go to bed.
SA = 2πr^2 + 2πrh , but h=r
= 2πr^2 + 2πr^2 = 4πr^2
4πr^2 = 200
r^2 = 200/4π
r = 3.989 or appr. 4
Well, what do you know, the answers were the same.
Math - Helper, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:45am
Reiny, I didn't see that you had already solved this problem before I answered the same same post below.
I noticed are answers were different.
The height = diameter, not radius.
I am not sure if 'Scratch my reply" means your 1st answer here or your 2nd answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The surface area of a cylinder is 200cm. The diameter is equal to the ...
- maths - A hallow sphere has a volume of xcm^3 and a surface area of ycm^2 if the...
- Math - 1. Find the surface are of the given prism. Height- 49ft Width- 32ft ...
- Geo - What is the altitude of this cylinder: B ==> C? A. line BC B. segment ...
- ALGEBRA 2 HONORS - A container is to be made in the shape of a cylinder with a ...
- Mrs. Sue - What is the altitude of this cylinder: B ==> C? A. line BC B. ...
- math - surface area of a rightcircular cylinder. The area of a right circular ...
- Math - Cylinder A has radius r and height h. Cylinder B has radius 2r and height...
- Geometry - Find the radius and diameter of the base of a cylinder if the surface...
- Maths - A metallic right circular cylinder is15cm high and the diameter of the ...