Posted by Richard on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 12:25am.
The surface area of a cylinder is 200cm. The diameter is equal to the height. Find the radius.
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 1:02am
V= πr^2h, but h = r
so V=πr^3 = 200
r^3 = 200/π
r = appr. 4 cm .......(I had 3.9929)
- Scratch my reply - Math - Reiny, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 1:05am
I read it as volume
Time to go to bed.
SA = 2πr^2 + 2πrh , but h=r
= 2πr^2 + 2πr^2 = 4πr^2
4πr^2 = 200
r^2 = 200/4π
r = 3.989 or appr. 4
Well, what do you know, the answers were the same.
- Math - Helper, Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 9:45am
Reiny, I didn't see that you had already solved this problem before I answered the same same post below.
I noticed are answers were different.
The height = diameter, not radius.
I am not sure if 'Scratch my reply" means your 1st answer here or your 2nd answer.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The surface area of a cylinder is 200cm. The diameter is equal to the ...
- maths - A hallow sphere has a volume of xcm^3 and a surface area of ycm^2 if the...
- Geo - What is the altitude of this cylinder: B ==> C? A. line BC B. segment ...
- Mrs. Sue - What is the altitude of this cylinder: B ==> C? A. line BC B. ...
- math - surface area of a rightcircular cylinder. The area of a right circular ...
- Geometry - Find the radius and diameter of the base of a cylinder if the surface...
- Geometry - The surface area of the sides of a right cylinder can be found by ...
- Math - Please Help - The surface area of a right circular cylinder is 1200 cm^2...
- math - A right circular cylinder of radius r and height h is inscribed in a ...
- math - the total surface area of a cylinder is 440 m square. find the height of ...