Posted by lee on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 4:37pm.
How does geography affect development of a city
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 4:44pm
Cities need water. Historically, cities have grown up on major rivers and near lakes. Today, in some areas without such easily accessible water supplies, cities in arid regions that depend upon distant water sources have to severely curtail their use of water.
Also, traditionally, cities have grown up in regions that have rich soil and produce a lot of food crops.
Most major cities are in the mid-latitudes with favorable climate.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social studies - how does geography affect the development of a civilization?
- Social Studies - how did geography affect the development of African kingdomes?
- Social Studies - In what ways did Geography and climate affect the development ...
- social studies - geography - How did texas geography affect the native american ...
- social studies - How does geography afffect the development of a society?
- geography(development) - Would you say that the division of the world in the ...
- social studies - how does Italy's geography affect its economy?
- social studies - how did geography affect the italian peninsula?
- social studies - how did geography influence the city-states of Sumer?
- Social studies - How did the geography of the southern colonist affect what they...